Who knows the modle of a arc-aaa,thanks

lpygw

Newly Enlightened
I can't findout the photo like this light...premium engraved on the bottom.
damhoaaci.jpg

damhpaaci.jpg

eamhaaaci.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
Hi there :welcome:

What exactly is your question? What model it is? That Arc is just called the Arc AAA. Engraving changed a couple times and Im not an Arc chronology expert, but based on the shape of he head, that light is a couple years old. Later models have a beveled head. I'm going to guess that one has a Nichia CS LED, as I think that's when they first started with the Premium designation. I'll have to do some searching. Otherwise some other members are better versed in Arc lore.

lpygw

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. This is my first time to buy a arc-aaa light,so I have a few of question.

paulr

Flashaholic
That light is by the old Arc LLC company that shut down in 2006 or so (you can tell by the shape of the head, as others have mentioned). There were a few different configurations in terms of the location of the marking, and someone who kept better tabs on Arc variants could probably figure out the approximate manufacture date. I think the CS leds didn't appear until the later, reincarnated Arc. This light would have a BS led selected for good tint. The newest versions are quite a lot brighter, but people chasing brightness buy Cree-based lights these days. The light you have is a tastefully designed classic, that has some collectible value because of its scarcity, and is also a perfectly usable light just like it always was.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'd guess a hand-picked BS led which wasn't as bright as the later CS.

here's a comparison of the CS, DS and GS which came in the taper heads -
click here

while not "bright", it's a perfect light for finding one's way to the bathroom in a totally dark house, or for reading a menu in a dark restaurant.

and while the CS/DS/GS are brighter, even they can't compare to a modern Cree, so playing "brightest Arc AAA" is kinda silly when compared to a Maratac or iTP or LF2XT or...