Looking for AA compatability with my E1B

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Done some searches first, but did not turn up exactly what I was looking for, and has probably been covered umpteen times, but here goes. Since Ive not had any luck lately on getting a 2 x aa body for Surefire E series lights, the extension tube on the Solarforce T4 looks like it might be of interest for me. My question: Is the extension tube on this light compatable with Surefire E series? This would give me the option of using 2 x aa's in my E1B if catastrophe strikes and CR123's cannot be had anylonger. Another option I think would work is stacking two of the single cell extensions from JSBurly's. This would probably look funny if they screw on the head end instead of the tail. I would like something that looks close to stock as possible. TNC, and Fivemega bodies for AA and E series seem to be nonexistent anymore on the marketplace. Vital gear FB3 bodies are hard to get anymore too. Cant get a Aleph 3 cell powerpack either. Im open to a full body, or extension tube. Maybe you all can help me find what Im looking for.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the price doesn't matter, I think Don's 2xAA tube fits the Surefire E series... :naughty:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wish I could afford...... :mecry: For that money, I would wait till the Surefire E2L AA comes out, and buy the whole light. I would like to stay in the ballpark of around $50.00 or less.

If the price doesn't matter, I think Don's 2xAA tube fits the Surefire E series... :naughty:

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lightknot now has his VitalGear sales 4 post up (dealer's section) and he has a few FB3 bodies (but only in HA).

As an alternative (but this would entail getting the whole light), you can get the NiteCore Infilux IFD2 which runs on 2xAA and is supposed to be E-series compatible and then just part out the head. I'm pretty sure you should be able to sell it easily.

Cheers,
Tim

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it aint pretty but I have a working solution now. The ugliest E1B ever belongs to me! The pic tells all.....

DSCN1325.jpg

I ended up buying two of the extenders from JSBurly's. They work fine with 2xAA's. They also keep the light in regulation with full brightness. I will not keep these on my light full time, just for a backup if 123 primary cells are not available. I found a titanium body for AA cells in SF E series lights, but the $210 price tag held me back unfortunately. I would love to have been able to buy it. The Modoo Ti tail extension will have to satisfy my Ti sweet tooth for now.

red02

Enlightened
Ask around about the solarforce L2r, it might be thread compatible...

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be buying one of these if they are still available. Thanx for the heads up.

Last edited:

Latest posts