need your help on this one

ugly_giddy

Newly Enlightened
hi guys!

im new to CPF and this is my first thead. good luck on me.:thumbsup:

i need your help. i own a fenix pd30 and a led lenser p4 that i use for work. what i really like about the p4 is that perfect circle beam. im not sure whether u call it spot or flood. although according to the link bellow he called it flood. but for me its like a perfecr spot light and i always leave it like that.:grin2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olbSMOqnxEs

anyway, now im after a torch that lits up like the led lenser p4. i mean just the perfect cicle one. dont like the other one. doesnt matter whether theres a blue ring on the side. i had been watching some videos on youtube but you cant really tell. can you? just wondering whether fenix, eagletac, etch (good brands) has this kind of light beam. im not after a small or big torch just roughlt the size of the pd30.anything guys?

thanks a lot!!! more power!!:twothumbs

ugly_giddy

Newly Enlightened
+ with a good throw. im not bothered bout spill. i like the perfect circle light beam the p4 produces. tnx.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Upgrade to a Led Lenser P7, for example. Nice tight beam, perfect circle, more lumens.

Bill

ugly_giddy

Newly Enlightened
Upgrade to a Led Lenser P7, for example. Nice tight beam, perfect circle, more lumens.

Bill

i did consider the P7 at onepoint. its just the thickness that im having 2nd thought with. i like if i can just easily slip in my pocket or not to bulky for the pocket.

but i havent ruled it out yet. thanks!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just been doing some testing out on lights that I own and nearest to the circle of light you require is the ITP A3,I am using the P3 as the guide light.If you want something even brighter opt for the ITP A1 as that is throwing out a nice light.

The advantage to you over the P4 is the ITP are regulated unlike the P4 which is direct driven.The P3 guide light is a tad brighter than the P4 and uses just a single cell.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi and :welcome:

sounds like you're looking for something with an optic or aspheric lens for zero spill and max throw. Cannot think of anything other than LED Lenser lights and maybe a few Romisen focusing models.

ugly_giddy

Newly Enlightened
hi and :welcome:

sounds like you're looking for something with an optic or aspheric lens for zero spill and max throw. Cannot think of anything other than LED Lenser lights and maybe a few Romisen focusing models.

exactly. zero spill.:twothumbs. rare kind of light?

thanks. ill have a look around.

ugly_giddy

Newly Enlightened
im gonna get this dereelight with NOHS. i want to know whats the diff between these 2. or which one to go for? can u help me?

3SD(3-stage digital) Cree XR-E Pill

3SM(3-stage multi-power digital) Cree XR-E Pill

tnx a lot and more power!

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 3SD will only take 18650 cells, the 3SM takes 2 cr123/rcr123, and will run on 1 18650. I would ask Flashcrazy if he has one, great customer service!

ugly_giddy

Newly Enlightened
The 3SD will only take 18650 cells, the 3SM takes 2 cr123/rcr123, and will run on 1 18650. I would ask Flashcrazy if he has one, great customer service!

do u think the 3sm is better? when i went to dereelight website, there r 4 pill choices. these r just the 2 of the bunch that im considering.

thanks!

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
It all depends on which cells you feel most comfortable using. If you aren't familiar with the rechargeable lithiums, I would recommend the 3SM pill, which can run 2x123 lithium primaries. Also keep in mind that the 3SM pill will have a diminishing output on an 18650, not regulated.

The 3SD will have a regulated, constant output, but can only run on a single rechargeable cell.

Go for the 3SM.

ugly_giddy

Newly Enlightened
It all depends on which cells you feel most comfortable using. If you aren't familiar with the rechargeable lithiums, I would recommend the 3SM pill, which can run 2x123 lithium primaries. Also keep in mind that the 3SM pill will have a diminishing output on an 18650, not regulated.

The 3SD will have a regulated, constant output, but can only run on a single rechargeable cell.

Go for the 3SM.

since u mention about these cells, ive read something about this somewhere but i cant remember, any difference between using 2 rcr123 and 1x 18650? and what do u mean by regulated?

i couldve search this 1 out but i thought if i ask it on this thread i could easy get this info back when i need it in the future.

thanks!!!:twothumbs