SF Kroma MILSPEC question/doubt

troller_cpf

Enlightened
Is it right that in my Kroma MILSPEC you CANNOT access to the high primary white beam from any of the 4 colours (red, blue, yg, ir)??

I mean, ONLY when I select the low white mode on the collar then I can also access, by pressing further, to the high beam.

In the other positions I can't...

is it right? or is my K2MS faulty?

thanks!

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the way mine works. If I want white, I have to set the selector ring to white.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is specifically designed to be different than the civilian version. You can't punch through a colored LED and have an accidental and possibly disasterous white light ND.

If you want that ability, you need the regular version.

troller_cpf

Enlightened
I see...
I already have the standard version, but I liked the possibility of having a very low YG light (which is less light than my YG A2) and then istantly put out 60 lumens of light!
but I can't do that... sigh.... :(

I have another 2 questions:
1) the low white level is 3 lumens right? as opposed to the 1.4 lumens of the normal kroma

2) My K2MS has got something wrong in the head... it's kind of something detached, like a little spring that wobbles/moves when I shake it.
I wanted to return it to SF and see if they can repair it under warranty.

Can I do that even if the K2MS is not a "civilian" sell light? I mean... it's not illegal if I have one and ask SF to fix it?

thanks!

PS: anyway this is what is written on the SF website for the K2MS (http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main...=6&prrfnbr=25123&sesent=0,0&search_id=2044738)
"The Kroma's tactically-correct two-stage pushbutton tailcap switch activates the light: press for momentary-on in your selected color mode, press further and always get the high-output white spot beam"
mmmm... did they change smthg?

Last edited:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I I have another 2 questions:
1) the low white level is 3 lumens right? as opposed to the 1.4 lumens of the normal kroma

I think that's right but honestly, I've never measured it... :D

2) My K2MS has got something wrong in the head... it's kind of something detached, like a little spring that wobbles/moves when I shake it.
I wanted to return it to SF and see if they can repair it under warranty.

Can I do that even if the K2MS is not a "civilian" sell light? I mean... it's not illegal if I have one and ask SF to fix it?

Definitely, these are easily found in civilian sales channels. Mine doesn't do that - I think a phone call and an RMA are probably the right course there?

PS: anyway this is what is written on the SF website for the K2MS (http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main...=6&prrfnbr=25123&sesent=0,0&search_id=2044738)
"The Kroma's tactically-correct two-stage pushbutton tailcap switch activates the light: press for momentary-on in your selected color mode, press further and always get the high-output white spot beam"
mmmm... did they change smthg?

No, I'm pretty sure it was always the way your K2MS and mine work. SureFire's literature (electronic and otherwise) is not always the best source for accurate technical info... ;)