Hello, newbie here

shadow_dog

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Glad I found this site. I have a longtime "love" of flashlights. Don't know why, but I have always been drawn to them. A friend introduced me to Maglights back about 1990. My wife says I have a flashlight fetish. She always asks me if I need the new one I am buying. In fact any store I go into, I always check out the flashlights. Don't have a big collection, just what I feel useful.

Ksailork

Newly Enlightened
Hi, shadow_dog! :welcome:

I, too, hear the word "fetish" tossed around at my house. Those that don't suffer from the same "longtime 'love' of flashlights" have no idea why we purchase so many when our needs are apparently met.

Like you, I started out with flashlights that I found to be useful but after having a flashlight in every glovebox, every backpack, every bag, every vehicle trunk, in each bedroom, by every exterior door, on my person, and several in the garage, I have to admit that I am headed towards a collection.

But it brings me joy. I hope belonging to CPF brings you the same. Again, welcome.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey shadow_dog! Cool user name! :) Welcome to CPF and congrats on your blooming collection. You'll find all sorts of amazing lights that will tempt you on this forum. Glad to have you here!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, shadow_dog. Sounds like you're going to fit right in here. There's always a need for a new light.

Geoff

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!! It sounds like you ARE in the right place!!!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Shadow dog :welcome:
It is great to see new members and it seems everyday there is always a handful of new members this a great community.

I began with purchasing only what I thought was most useful and then purchased what I thought would be more useful to replace whatever I have that is most useful, and again and again and... So be warned hang around here and your collection will grow while your wallet will thin out but you will also have the opportunity to research all the new and old stuff to help make better purchasing decisions so in the end maybe you will come out even since you are already purchasing lights.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
welcome to CPF!

you are not alone in liking flashlights. maybe it can be called a fetish, but its useful.

hope your ready for some spending!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: and hang on to your wallet :D

i live in a country with loads of ambient light and still see the need to have at least one light on me and two more in my bag along with spare cells, a multi-tool and other odds and ends, my wife thinks i am mad but who cares?

if you're going to get into lights, have a look at some of the sites that are around:-

www.shiningbeam.com for great budget lights (discount code: CPFuser)
www.4sevens.com for a range of lights (Quark lights are very popular) (discount code: CPF8)
www.bugoutgearusa.com for Jetbeam lights and other lights as well (discount code for Jetbeam: CPFJET)

have fun!