Another Computer question????????????

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all! I have OE6 for my primary email account. Just what came with the computer. Lately some of the messages I send to people are arriving blank. Say they send me a message and I reply. I can see my reply as I type it. After I send it, they will tell me it is blank. Any suggestion as to why that happens? It doesn't happen everytime either. Is there another email account that is better? Suggestions? Thanks ahead of time. :popcorn:

leeholaaho

Newly Enlightened
Use gmail or yahoo

I actually send myself files I want to save

The plus side is you can access your mail from any computer

With outlook you have to be on your system

Also when your system destroys itself (and they all do sooner or later) you will not lose any of your contact info or mail.

I use yahoo and only use outlook for mail where I want to attach things.

I forward all mail to that outlook account to my yahoo mail.

If I were starting out fresh i would just use gmail and stay away from outlook entirely

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any suggestion as to why that happens?

Try this:

In Outlook Express, goto Tools>Options>Send, and toggle the sending format to 'Plain Text'. See if this fixes the problem, and please respond back.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try this:

In Outlook Express, goto Tools>Options>Send, and toggle the sending format to 'Plain Text'. See if this fixes the problem, and please respond back.

Done, I'll let you know if I hear anything. :tinfoil:

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The main reason to dump OE is simply because MS is dumping it. Doesn't even come installed with later versions of Windows, and won't even install on Server 2008 (actually had a $%^&ing app that required it). Windows Live Mail is taking over for OE, and worth a look.

Googling 'Thunderbird Security' brings up more than a few pages of patches. They all have issues, and at any given point a locally installed E-mail package will *iss you off. However, Thunderbird is a logical alternative for OE, and won't get a gripe from me.

I spend about 70% of my personal correspondence with Google Mail, but I hate it. Interface is terrible, if not primitive, and Google is becoming almost as draconian as Microsoft. I guess nobody remembers what happened to free web based mail 10yrs ago once the advertising model changed due to the economy. :nana:

choombak

Enlightened
Sylpheed anyone? (was: Re: Another Computer question????????????)

With Thunderbird dominating the scene, very little attention has been paid to this mail client.

Very actively developed, and amazingly light, it is the best I've found among free mail clients on Windows. It has some neat features like threading messages.

Take a look and you won't regret it. Feel free to drop me a PM if you require any help setting it up, though reading the documentation makes it fairly easy.

-Amarendra

Egsise

Banned
Hey all! I have OE6 for my primary email account. Just what came with the computer. Lately some of the messages I send to people are arriving blank. Say they send me a message and I reply. I can see my reply as I type it. After I send it, they will tell me it is blank. Any suggestion as to why that happens? It doesn't happen everytime either. Is there another email account that is better? Suggestions? Thanks ahead of time. :popcorn:
Does it happen only with certain receivers and every time, or is it completely random?

Yes my email account is better than yours, if you want i can sell it to you..

You are mixing up email accounts with programs. :thinking:
Most email accounts(gmail, yahoo, flashaholic.ru and whatever your isp is offering) can be used with most programs(outlook express, thunderbird, ms office outlook, windows mail, eudora etc.)

So do you want to change your email account which is [email protected], or do you want to change the email program which is Outlook Express 6?