Imalent        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post your lanterns

Default Re: Post your lanterns

Quote Originally Posted by Jesjes View Post
    @denbarretsar :
    what the hell is this crazy big one in the led picture in the right upper corner...?? Im not sure, but maybe i v seen it in a hidden forum last year? What happend with this project? It sounded so great!
    By the way, are you the founder in the blf latern Project?
    Sorry for the (3-year late) reply.. yes i am the founder/designer of the BLF LT1 lantern project. (known as DBSAR on many other flashlight, camping, survival sites & Youtube. (as DBSARlight)
    Trying to achieve 1.21 Gigalumens. - (Also known as DBSAR)

Flashaholic

Guess I qualify now as a lantern collector of sorts as I've acquired a number mostly on sale/clearance and some good ones from thrift shops.

Most are LED but several used flange-base 4.5-6v incan. bulbs which have been converted using Dorcy 30/40 lumen LED bulbs...not really bright (<1W) but good enough for use around the house.

Mostly 3 or 4 cell C or D; no high intensity, nothing expensive with exotic names, just regular OTC retail including Dorcy, Sylvania, Ray-O-Vac, Woods, Coleman, Ventura, Broadstone.

Also have a number of smaller AA or AAA lanterns, nothing exceptional.

I have a Ray-O-Vac 3D Sportsman, then recently found the smaller 3AA version. Similar features, both have twist-detachable diffuser top so can be hung upside-down as area light.

For used ones,it pays to check for damage due to leaked cells, but I've found many which are pristine. Most are being powered by a nearly endless supply of good used alkalines recovered from battery recycling...a topic in itself.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave_H; 01-02-2020 at 08:20 AM.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by flashmenow View Post
    Here is a old one. A Railroad Lantern.

Oh wow that's awesome, they are beautiful.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by wardroid View Post
    you guys are crazy!
    I never thought much of my lanterns, but I have an 'unintentional' collection of about 7.

also have another old coleman duel burner and a few others I can remember at the moment.
    This is unique, I've never seen one of these. I have one of the green double burner lanterns

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123