"Shredded Wheat insoles"?

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings,
I've been absent for some time now, but still addicted to flashlights.

My question is to you military (or former) guys or gals that remember what I called Shredded Wheat insoles, the ones that allowed air to flow under your feet.

I found tonight that they are (were?) officially called "Saran Ventilated Insoles".
Does anyone know where I can get like six pair online?

shankus

KD5XB

Enlightened
I was fortunate in not ever having to wear those things. I saw them in surplus stores, and just by picking them up and looking at them I guessed they were really awful!

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, as a matter of fact they did state "DO NOT BOIL". I always used two in each boot, they really let air get under my foot.

I wasn't a soldier, though, I was wearing them on a Navy land based flight line.
Hell, I'm not even a real veteran, I was in during the cold war.

Thanks for the responses, guys. For those of you who have seen them and wondered, I'd recommend giving them a try.

They're porous enough that you can liberally apply any type of foot or boot powder, and they'll still breathe, and can be rinsed easily in boiling water. Just kidding, of course.

But seriously, you can walk through the Land of the Band of the Kingronites, and not even worry about karma with them.