New life for the 5.11 UC3.400

luminoxs

Newly Enlightened
As you may know that 5.11 came out with new flashlights that have one of three modes you choose from when you buy one. I called 5.11 and asked if I could send my old one in to get it reprogrammed with a mode (P2). They said yes! All you need to do is call 5.11 and tell them what you want. They will give you something like an RMA # and an address to send it too. 5.11 cust care said that it was no cost to me except shipping them my flashlight.

Here are the three modes:

The flashlights are operated with an on/off button pushed similarly to a computer mouse's "click."�
There are multiple modes of operation with the flashlight. You may activate the various modes by pressing the side button or tail button (PC3.300 only) on the flashlight.
Modes (depending on the type of configuration):

PC3.300
UC3.400
Peak
200 lumens
270 lumens
Standard
70 lumens
90 lumens
Low
20 lumens
20 lumens
Strobe
~150 lumens
~170 lumens
Ramp
20 to 200 lumens
20 to 270 lumens

There are also three different configurations for the button depending on the type of flashlight purchased. The three different configurations are identified as P1, P2, and P3.
P1:
1. Peak - from any mode, hold down button and keep it down, release button and revert to previous mode.
2. Standard - single click.
3. Strobe - double click.
P2:
1. Peak – single click.
2. Ramp – hold button down and keep it down and light will steadily increase in brightness; release button when desired brightness is achieved.
3. Strobe - double click.
P3:
1. Peak - from any mode, hold down button, release button from any mode and flashlight turns off.
2. Standard – single click.
3. Low Light – double click.