Olight SR90 Review - with beamshots, lux

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
full.jpg

http://sunriseinfo.us/reviews/olight_SR90_intimidator/

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
Thanks for the excellent review of this light - it was well written and informative. Now if I could just come up with a reason for needing a light brighter than a car headlight... (I know I'll come up with one eventually!) :p

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the excellent review of this light - it was well written and informative. Now if I could just come up with a reason for needing a light brighter than a car headlight... (I know I'll come up with one eventually!) :p

Thanks. Reason's easy - have you seen I Am Legend?

Igor Porto

Enlightened
Thank you for the review and even more on the realistic throw distance! 344 meters is reasonable for a flashlight this bright. Not ONE THOUSAND meters as the manufacturer says... I hate that.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the review and even more on the realistic throw distance! 344 meters is reasonable for a flashlight this bright. Not ONE THOUSAND meters as the manufacturer says... I hate that.

Thanks. But keep in mind that there is no standard definition of throw; I chose the distance at which the surface illumination is 1 lux because that is a fairly standard threshold for maximum effective distance. Olight seems to have chosen .1 lux, but they also said "max throw", not maximum effective distance. So while I try to give a useful effective distance, Olight is just saying that there are situations in which it could reach out that far, such as on a very dark and clear night and pointing at something reflective, like a car. It's like emitter vs OTF lumens: 1000m isn't a lie, it just doesn't mean what it appears to.

Last edited: