Olight T25 Question

Ksailork

Newly Enlightened
I purchased an Olight T25 Tactical for my son's birthday. He wanted it for his car so we outfitted it with lithium primaries (L91's). Taking it through its paces we could not see any difference in brightness levels between Level 1 and Level 2 (hereafter called Low and Medium).

So I performed the clean threads, clean contacts, check tailcap, new batteries, etc. routine and no luck. But then, perhaps doubting my stash of L91's as they were purchased in the same time frame, I tried a couple of fresh alkalines. Success - Low and Medium were discernibly different.

So, I went to town and bought a new package of L91's and popped them in. Well, back to the old problem. I came back to the computer and did some research and apparently Olight's 2xAA flashlights do not support lithiums (A little vague - just says "primaries" or NiMH but the 1xAA's do specifically say lithium and the other chemistries) Odd. Is this indeed true?

[I did find on CPF some runtimes for the T25 as well as some other 2xAA flashlights and they ran the test with lithium primaries. However, they did so only on the max brightness level which I found to work okay with lithiums.]

Can anyone shed a little more light on this? (No pun intended.)