Quark 123 issue.

Ace12

Enlightened
I think I may have an issue with the UI of my Quark 123 in beacon mode. Maybe someone else that has one can tell me if this is normal operation. When I put it in beacon mode it will flash4 times about 1 second intervals, then it kinda flickers and starts doing 12 seconds between flashes. And the flashes arent just a smoooth ON & Off, it kinda flickers as it ramps up to full brightness.

The rest of the modes seem to be fine.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I may have an issue with the UI of my Quark 123 in beacon mode. Maybe someone else that has one can tell me if this is normal operation. When I put it in beacon mode it will flash4 times about 1 second intervals, then it kinda flickers and starts doing 12 seconds between flashes. And the flashes arent just a smoooth ON & Off, it kinda flickers as it ramps up to full brightness.

The rest of the modes seem to be fine.

I have heard of this problem before - send it back for replacement.

James....:)

Ace12

Enlightened
I'm almost afraid to send it back. The tint is perfect on mine, no greenish tint at all. I'm afraid i will luck out on the next one and get one of the ones that have the greenish tint that some people have got.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's normal operation. The four blinks at start are to tell you it's in beacon mode, then it flashes every ten seconds. The flash is actually a ramp up then down.

Ace12

Enlightened
That's normal operation. The four blinks at start are to tell you it's in beacon mode, then it flashes every ten seconds. The flash is actually a ramp up then down.

Thanks, I feel much better now. I hate having to send stuff back.

Dan FO

Enlightened

+1

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have heard of this problem before - send it back for replacement.

James....:)

We've heard this before, but it's not a problem, it's normal operation. People just aren't used to seeing such a mode and think there's something wrong with it.

The first sequence is to let you know you're in beacon mode, then beacon mode begins. The ramping up and down (flickering) is designed to make the light source more noticeable.

Ace12

Enlightened
Thanks for the reassurance fellas. Now I can sleep in peace tonight.:tired: