Need help with info/sources for essay.

gyani

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I am writing an essay on the production steps and materials used in the production of the Surefire 6p LED model(or any other metal body model
that is similar) from start to finish. I need to write about, first how the aluminum is made and then about how it is made into the body( possibly even a source for the aluminum, like Surefire's supplier, but I realize that is very specific), and how the lens material is made and then the steps regarding how Surefire incorporates it into the flashlight. Also, I need to do the same for the led drop-in. For example, how the module is made and using what components, from the led die all the way to the reflector and the metal the led is mounted on.

I was just wondering if you guys could possible give me some sources or point me in the right direction so I could obtain some of this information. Also, I remember seeing a video which was kinda like a behind the scenes at the Surefire factory and I think I remember all the processes as far as machining and such going on. It was like a guided tour by one of the higher-ups at Surefire. Well, I cannot seem to locate the video now, but I was wondering if one of you guys had a link.
Thank You.

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
odd.. I remember seeing a "How It's Made" video on youtube with paul kim leading people around the factor for a bit..

.. now I can't find it at all.. :thinking:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
+1 for the How It's Made episode, it probably was on Youtube and then was most likely pulled for copyright reasons; if it's not on the Discovery website, then you may have to order/torrent it.

Edit: On further thought, it wasn't How It's Made, I believe it was some National Geographic show. You'd probably be best off searching CPF for mentions/links first, then going from there.

Last edited: