Dönges 5 LED /1 AA

artar

Enlightened
Five minutes ago i ordered this light :

LED-Do2.jpg

from www.helpi.com.

the only info i have are these an on the webpage : http://www.helpi.com/Lampen/LED-Doenges.htm

* Alu-housing with rubber grip
* waterproof/shockproof
* rubber on/off switch
* weight 90 gr. incl. batteries
* 100 mm long
* powered by "only" 1 AA batterie
* runtime = 40 h

i'll write about its performance when it has arrived.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Interesting light Artar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I'll be looking forward to your review. This must be one of the cheapest LED-lights you can get here in Europe... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I may "need" one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ,if your review is favorable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Pi, that does not necessarily mean it is dim, the advertised runtime may well be the time until you can no longer see any tiny bit of glow coming from the Led. This kind of advertising is also well known from LedLenser lights which are quite bright.
but we shall see ... standing by for the review ...
bernhard

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
It would be interesting to see how this compares to the Inova X5. Running on 1 AA with 5 LEDs would lead me to believe it has some kind of boost circuit. 12.50 Euros seems to be an awfully good deal if it has any kind of electronics (maybe too good?). Hmmm...
gruebel.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that run time looks hokey. I'll bet they use a very simple boost circuit that has no regulation. By 40 hours the light must be extremely dim -- what some manufacturers call "useable."

But check out the body! It's just dying for someone to mod it.

Paul

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here, looks quite interesting. There is something about a multi-LED light running on 1 or 2 AA that appeals to me.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks like it may kind of fill the gap between the Opalecs & the regulated luxeon lights. I've been wondering why Opalec has not made a 5-6 LED version of the Newbeam.

Intuition tells me that it will be boosted/regulated at least as good as an arc AAA.

I also really like the single AA power, as well.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the light.