Need advice before buying my first Quark

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
I am considering to buy a Quark AA flashlight. There are some options related to the four Sevens Quark. I like that there are options, but I'm Confused. Can anyone tell:

1. Is neutral white close to warm white (tint), or is neutral and warm the same? What kind of led comes with the Quark neutral white head? Has anyone beamshots that shows the difference between Cool white, neutral white and warm white Quarks.

2. When it comes to the Quark tactical series. Is it momentary on and the possibility of programming the flashlight that differs tactical from regular?

Hope You Can help me out. Thanks

Last edited:

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am considering to buy a Quark AA flashlight. There are some options related to the four Sevens Quark. I like that there are options, but I'm Confused. Can anyone tell:

1. Is neutral white close to warm white (color)? Has anyone beamshots that shows the difference between Cool white, neutral white and warm white Quarks.

2. When it comes to the Quark tactical series. Is it momentary on and the possibility of programming the flashlight that differs tactical from regular?

Hope You Can help me out. Thanks

Go to this thread and scroll down to the beam shots for a comparison of cool white and neutral white. I can't help you with warm white because I have no experience with it.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/274170
Yes you're correct on the difference of Tactical and Regular, + Regular can tail stand, if that's important to you.

bstrickler

Enlightened
The neutral white heads utilize the Cree XP-E emitter in the Q3 5A bin/tint combo.

That gets you 93 to 100 lumens (at the emitter) when driven at 350 ma.

I love my neutral white quark. Everything looks better under that than under cool white LED's.

~Brian

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I was hoping it was XP-G neutral white, but Q3-5A will do. I like neutral white better. Especially for outdoor use.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Quark neutral white is 5A. Not available new at this time.
The Quark WARMS is either 7A3 or 7B4. Current limited production run.
CreeXR-ENeutral-WarmWhite.jpg

The Quark cool white is ANSI 1. This is similar to WC in the old chart
CreeXR-ECoolWhite.jpg

Last edited:

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
4 Sevens have neutral white (head only). I was thinking of buying a Quark AA R5 and the neutral white head plus a couple of different bodies to lego with.

Last edited:

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
Does any of you know if the spare bodies comes with battery storage cap and belt clip, or do I have to buy the seperatly?

Last edited:

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me take that back, the 123 body didn't have a clip, but I think the 123-2 body did come with a clip.

shark_za

Enlightened
I did what you are planning last month.

Got 2x quarks along with a NW head and all available bodies.
They all came with caps and clips. AA, 18650.

No clip on the 123 of course.

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
Thank you! Quark is a very versatile flashlight. I think I Will place an order later today :)

Last edited:

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll only add two more things:

The NW is only available In the Regular UI; the Tactical is sold out. Don't forget to use the "CPF8" discount code during checkout for an 8% discount:thumbsup:.

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
I think I will go with the regular Quark. Thanks for reminding me of the discount code. I almost forgot. Saved me $12 :) Quark AA R5, AA2 body, 123 body, NW head and spare tail ordered.

Last edited:

8Fishes

Newly Enlightened
I think they have neutral white Quarks in stock at 4sevens Poland.

Hmm.. how does that work out? Like making a special request order to 4seven's and telling them to ask the pl site to ship over to us, then to us? :p