Wife would kill me if she found out I bought another light.

cityevader

Enlightened
This time a Preon 2 is in the mail. Hardly a week ago it was two XPG R4 Uniquefires; before that it changing the E2E to IMR16340 with HO-E2R bulb; before that was a Mag ROP build; Before that was a "pseudo ROP build" with 3x18650 and 7.2v bulb overdriven, better than stock but not nearly ROP; before that were a pair of homemade P7 bicycle helmet lights; before that were my "dark years" before CPF... a "7 watt led" ebay light (which I was happy enough with before CPF, but turns out a luxeon III is no big deal after all and certainly not 7 watts!); before that was a bunch of 3 cell D Mags; before that was my most used lights continuing up until today (or at least until I get the Preon) a Streamlight Jr luxeon and Black Diamond Spot headlamp, both used every day for a great many years at work (mechanic); before that was a Streamlight Stylus; before that a Princeton Tec Blast 2AA (Blaze?) before that a AAA minimag. There were countless random lights smattered throughout this list, but they are relegated to the same file that the bad girlfriends went into...purposely forgotten yet still there somehow.

The funny thing is, my first real light actually kinda dampened my infant flashaholism... the E2E purchased way towards the beginning, somewhere after the minimag and before the Streamlight Jr. While I was thrilled with the output, I had a growing disdain for it due to cr123a consumption, which left it relegated to drawer duty unused for nearly a decade.

What really kicked off my holic hoarding desire was the scratch built P7 headlights and all the CPF researching. This group of like minded individuals with a vast array of information was like fertilizer and sunlight to a starving plant!

So now, thanks to CPF, all my niche needs are are basically fulfilled (especially after the Uniquefire XP-G's as they are fabulous little lights for the price and the Preon is to retire the Streamlight which is increasingly annoying with it's butt sticking up over my breast pocket and constantly falling out when I lean over).....However, I'm finding myself with an ad in WTT for my two extra unused 3D Mags to trade for someone's 2D Mag, wanting to build another ROP which I don't even need....when will it stop!

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
bore the e2e for a 18650 + new led drop in of choice.

cityevader

Enlightened
Actually, the E2E is quite nicely suited for it's intended purpose of jacket pocket for night walks with the ROP in the back pocket. The wife (she is deaf) has the semi floody XPG light for constant on illumination for her comfort with me for threat illumination.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I buy lights, my wife doesn't get angry, she gets even. For every dollar I spend, she gets equal or greater.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like I said in another the more lights I have the less likely she is now to spot a new one my stash. She does however know how I clean and lube a new light compared to just maintenance on a older one. I'm not sure exactly how she can tell the difference but she can, it might be also after I just cleaned said light I carry it and about 6 or 7 others outside for comparison.

I really don't care though I can't break my rituals and do it all anyway.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like I said in another the more lights I have the less likely she is now to spot a new one my stash. She does however know how I clean and lube a new light compared to just maintenance on a older one. I'm not sure exactly how she can tell the difference but she can, it might be also after I just cleaned said light I carry it and about 6 or 7 others outside for comparison.

I really don't care though I can't break my rituals and do it all anyway.

the only way your wife can know is because you bestow the affection and attention to a new light you used to give to her,

looking at this list there simply is no other way !

Fenix
PD30 R4
PD30+ R2
PD30-OD and black finish
PD20
P3D-OD finish
P2D-OD finish
LD10
L2D
LD01-OD and black finish
LD01 Stainless version
E01
TK11 R2
PD10

Eagletac
T100C2
P100C2
P20C2
P20C2 MKII OP & SMO
T20C2 MKII

4sevens
123x2 Tactical
123x2 R5 Tactical
1xAA R5 Tactical

Inova
XO
XO1
X5
Bolt AA
Microlights

Task Force
2C 3watt

Lumapower
ConneXion X2
LM33

Coast
DigiTac II
V2 Power Chip

MG
Mini II R2 with turbo head
PLI

Surefire
E2D LED Defender
6P
E1B
E1L
E2L
LX2
G2L
U2 Ultra
Titan T1A

Princeton Tec
Apex 130 lumen
EOS II
Quad

JetBeam
Jet III Pro ST R2
RRT-2
RRT-0
JET-III M R2
Jet-I Pro v3.0

Streamlight
Strion
Stinger XT
TL-2 LED

Zebralight
H501
H60
SC50
SC50W

Nitecore
D10 SP Camo

Maglight
Just about every model made Incan and LED

Other cheap lights include Energizer Headlamps, River rock lights, Brinkman spotlight, lots of Lanterns flea market type lights and other weird things that make light.