Mag provides Red Cross emergency info

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=119-07302003

"WASHINGTON, July 30 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The American Red Cross is partnering with Mag Instrument, maker of Maglite(r) flashlights, the world's leading premium flashlights, to build awareness and support for the organization's preparedness initiative. Mag Instrument contributed $250,000 to the Red Cross and has developed new packaging for its flashlights that includes Red Cross emergency preparedness checklists and guides -- materials that have the potential to save a life. Mag Instrument is also devoting a new section of its Web site to the Red Cross safety materials and will build public awareness for the preparedness initiative through its holiday advertising."

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
It's a good marketing move though.

Technologically, they're a sitting duck.

If they don't watch out, Dorcy, Nuwai or some other Asian company might fill the void.

Elektrolumens are *much* better lights, but can't compete in the mass market when price is the only factor considered by main stream consumers.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a red 3D with a 1 x AAA control circuit that would then have space inside for an emergency kit. Fire stick, space blanket, bandaids, signal mirror, etc. Plus a swiss light. The mag could be used as a splint in some cases or to bash a bunny over the head for food if you're stuck out there. No knife in case you wanted to carry it on a plane.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience is that the average person just doesn't know what real flashlights are. She or he doesn't understand how bright, small, and dependable they are and consequently has no concept of their possible uses.

Paul

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
The average person doesn't know anything about flashlights because the average person has no need for a flashlight. To tell you the truth, I never ever needed a flashlight until I found this place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. And even then, I really found no need for the lights I own, as I could live without them with no problem. Sure, there are extraneous reasons for needing a flashlight, like for self defense uses, but that doesn't relate to the average person, just like how most people don't carry mace or a taser.

If earth was a semi-gaseous planet and it was impossible for people to see beyond 10 feet, I'm sure everyone would need a good flashlight (Surefire), similar to how everyone needs a car.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
yah, but clever they are, we have to admit that.
who cares about the truth when no one knows it?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
bernhard