Completely out of control

steve1541

Newly Enlightened
After exchanging a few emails with Jay, I decided to order an R2 and aspherical for my DBS. So much for checking stuff out and starting out slow...while I was at it I figured I might just as well get the 18650 extension tube. Oh, I could use a really decent light for work. I should just get a CL1H and then I will have the capability of having a dedicated DBS for a hunting light and an extra regular DBS head that I could throw on the CL1H body to make a 2nd DBS if I wanted/needed it. Another $150.00 later and I am anxiously waiting for the mail truck....

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
you forget spare cells and a quality charger. :twothumbs

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Months ago I ordered an aspherical head for my CL1H V4. I couldn't see that head laing around, so I ended up ordering a body, a tailcap and another pill, still waiting for the parts...

I have a DBS V3 XP-G R5 and currently wonder if I should buy a DBS SST-50 now. They are completely different lights, although they have the same name, the XP-G is for throw and the SST-50 should be a wall of light. Hey, talk me out of it!!! :poke:

B225

Newly Enlightened
After exchanging a few emails with Jay, I decided to order an R2 and aspherical for my DBS. So much for checking stuff out and starting out slow...while I was at it I figured I might just as well get the 18650 extension tube. Oh, I could use a really decent light for work. I should just get a CL1H and then I will have the capability of having a dedicated DBS for a hunting light and an extra regular DBS head that I could throw on the CL1H body to make a 2nd DBS if I wanted/needed it. Another $150.00 later and I am anxiously waiting for the mail truck....

I'm in the exact same boat. I've been fighting the DBS or DBS w/ aspherical urge all week. It's a losing battle. I just need to order it, and slap it in on the old 6.8 and go make some bacon. :xyxgun:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I'm reading this my DBS V3 with the aspheric head is sitting on my desk to my right. I need to get another body so I can get the DBS V3 reflector head back into service. The other night I used the DBS aspheric to shine into my backyard through my window. It was like a small patch of daylight moving about the yard. :twothumbs

As for my CL1H V4 and C2H, I got XP-G pills for them and they are great. The XP-G is a nice improvement in beam quality and output.

steve1541

Newly Enlightened
WadeF, how wide would you say the beam is with the aspheric head at 100 yards?