LX2 PROBLEM/SOLUTIONS/MODS

luckycaribou

Newly Enlightened
Been hanging here for the last month or so n finally pulled the plug n got an LX2 n a Maxpedition holster for it. A couple ?'s i have with it and was looking for any ideas. Did searches on most of it n found bits n peices here n there but would like to get all my options grouped together so here we go.

First off I like the idea of a lanyard for it but do not like the ring that came with it (Seems to get in the way when twisting the tailcap) so that has been removed. Also the lanyard seems a bit long for my taste so was wondering what poeple are using and how they attach it.

Also removed the clip cause i have no use for it since i have a holster for it anyway and was wondering if there have been any common mods done after clip removal?

Another problem I have noticed is while the light is in the holster there seems as if there would be a good chance of the light getting turned on inevertenly but when the tailcap is turned to prevent that it seems way to close to coming completely detached. (maybe like a turn away from completly detaching) Any ideas on a solution for this?

Also any mods or additions to the light that people have found useful or cosmeticaly pleasing that they would like to share?

luckycaribou

Newly Enlightened
Well i guess i can just spend the next week re-reading all the lx2 thread to try to find the answers. Thanks for the help guys:sigh:

nanomu

Newly Enlightened
There are lots of impressions and ideas scattered in the LX2 thread.

As for the light coming on, it sounds like you're sticking it tailcap-down a little too hard into the holster. Maybe tailcap-up will work better?

Not much to say about the lanyard, since I haven't been able to get the ring off (and oh I've tried).

GreySave

Enlightened
Completely drained the batteries in my E2DL in a Maxpedition hiolster this week. That waqs the first time in a year or two of ownersip. Had caught the light on once or twice before. Since it is a clicky it is easier to have that happen. I use the lockout now but, as you noted, the lockout on the LX2 (Which I also own) has to be backed WAY off. I still carry the LX2 with the switch active and have not ever had any problem with it (That I know of).

The Maxppedition holsters are tough, but also a little tight especially when new. Put a larger light in object in there to stretch it out a little. That will make it easier to slide the light in and out and thus less likely to engage the switch. The velcro on those holsters really grips and lasts, so a little free play should not cause any real risk of the light coming out accidentally.