Quark CR2 Ti w/LiIon

frisco

Enlightened
OK the Quark CR2 Ti has been out for a while now..... Any brave users been using it with a LiIon rechargeable on a daily basis?

I'd like to EDC this light.... But it needs to be rechargeable.

frisco

frisco

Enlightened
I do that using non protected 3.0V 15270 UltraFire cells.

Thanks for the tip!

I tried looking them up.... Seems there are 3 types, 600, 800 and 1000

And do they need a special charger...Or can I use my Nano 123 charger with a spacer?

Any special place we buy them from? AW sell these?

Thanks!

frisco

BlueMarble

Newly Enlightened
I'd also be interested to find out more about these batteries and whether or not the spacer would work.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cells I am using are rated 3.0V and therefore are charged at 3.6V and not 4.2V like the normal RCR batteries. There is a 3.0V Nano charger available identical to the normal one and you must be very careful to properly identify it (red pen etc.) so you don't use the wrong charger.
Since the charger is meant for CR123 size you need a small spacer/stack of magnets with the CR2 cells.

As it is usual with these brands, the capacity written on the cells is pure fantasy. You may find several different markings but the figures are unrealistic. The ones I use are probably 400 mAh since the runtime is approximately half of the one of a primary.

Remembering that RCR2 batteries are not protected you must charge them regularly and quite often.

BlueMarble

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much for the information. I'm leaning towards sticking with primaries for now, but might try the RCR2 sometime. Very good to know that the runtime is about half of a primary.
Thanks again!

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Love my mini CR2 since day one but looking for a protected rcr2 but to no avail, couldn't find any. I will snatch it right away if I could find any.

jumpin jack flash

Newly Enlightened
Last edited: