Flashlight storage chest

corvettesR1

Enlightened
I picked up a Storage chest from Harbor Freight the other day and thought Id share a few photos here.It has plenty of room for my flashlights and pocket knives with lots of room to spare.

2006_01300003.jpg

2006_01300006.jpg

2006_01300001.jpg

tucolino

Newly Enlightened
beautiful!!!
nice contrast here:something so classic with lots of modern technology inside....

Jack Reacher

Newly Enlightened
That's an extremely nice-looking piece of gear! I'm guessing it's pinus radiata?

As a matter of interest, what sort of "official" name does an item like this carry in advertising? Trophy case? Map drawer? Display cabinet?

I know I'd love one.

— Jack. :)

corvettesR1

Enlightened
The chest runs about $110 with shipping. Im sure any Harbor freight catalog will have the item . I forget how they state it in the catalog .

All the compartments have a green felt lining. There is also a sturdy carry handle that is rubber wrapped.It has 2 keyed locks,one for the swing up wood face and a second for the top lid.The 3 latches seem to be ok to.Since the photos, Ive rubbed in some Old English wood care liquid onto all the surfaces which took away the dryness and made it abit nicer.

I never liked the idea of placing my lights in a junk draw or tool box where they would get all dinged up.This case is nicer for that .

Anyway, glad you guys like the chest.Let me know if you get one. I kept knocking my flashlights off the dresser like Dominos and now they are much more secure.

txdude321

Newly Enlightened
awesome box, I like your knives too so far I can make out a Sog Aegis, Benchmade griptilian, and what looks like a crkt M16

corvettesR1

Enlightened
Thanks for all the interest in the chest.I had a feeling some people would joy it .txdude,you are correct in your knife ID. The chest is great for containing knife overflow :)

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a really nice chest! I have been using a Pelican case with customized "pick-n-pluck" foam for my Surefire collection.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I need to get one of those; my flashlights are now sitting on a shelf in my closet, with one by the bed, and a few on the dresser. All my parts, incan lamps, and battery chargers are in a big plastic box.

Good idea, OP!

nanomu

Newly Enlightened
Nice! I have a really old one of those that I use for tools, but I never thought of storing lights in it.. Great idea! :thumbsup:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need something like this for the past week or two I have been bothered by my lights spread out everywhere in one room. Do you know if they make a bigger one, maybe taller.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need something like this for the past week or two I have been bothered by my lights spread out everywhere in one room. Do you know if they make a bigger one, maybe taller.

Based off their website I see the one the OP has as being the only model/type they sell.

corvettesR1

Enlightened
The height of the 2 bottom draws are 1 3/4" deep and the very top of this chest where the lid closes down is 2 3/4" + 3/8" for the lid it self.( My Maglite fits in the top just fine ) Since im here measureing, the top 6 draws are 1" deep. Hope this helps.

I think its important to mention that MANY lights we own here will fit fine in the "smaller draws" . For example:Quark RGB, Novatac 120T, Maratac 9290AA, Liteflux LF3XT, even many of the longer 2AA fit fine.Eagletac A2,ITP c8,Lumapower Vantage.

As a second example , I was able to fit 8 2AA Flashlights lights into a single smaller draw.With that math, you could store 48 (or more) lights in the smaller draws alone!This chest is good for holding lights.For your average collector,id say GO FOR IT.:twothumbs

Knife Boy

Newly Enlightened
I own this very same box as well. Great piece of kit for stuff like knives and lights. There is a local Harbor Freight here in the Columbus area, and when I bought mine a couple years ago they were on special for around $60. It's not Gerstner, but very nice for the price. Just the right size for my lights and some knives.

Paladin

Enlightened
My local Harbor Freight has them for around $79 or so. And they run 20% off coupons all the time. I bought one on their New Years Day special for $56.82 out the door including sales tax. Second one cost me $60.61 a couple of weeks later.

Paladin

corvettesR1

Enlightened
I paid $110 for the chest and now My flyer has it for $69. I called Harbor Freight and they are adjusting the price for me and giving me the $40 back . THANKS HARBOR FREIGHT.
sthumb.gif