I graduate from college tomorrow! Whoohoo!

nbp

Flashaholic
Tomorrow morning is commencement and I'm stoked! Very happy to be finished, and proud of my accomplishment. Thought I'd share with you guys. :)

Plus my employer has offered me a full time position, so there should hopefully be a little more in the flashlight fund too! :devil:

Now, what light to have under my gown??? :p

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
party.gif
party.gif
party.gif

Trust me, in 5 years, youre gonna wish you were in college again. :devil:

Words of wisdom.A day doesn't go bye that I don't wish I was back in my old dorm drinking beer and chasing skirts.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
You must feel fortunate to have employment coming out of school like this. Many are at a big disadvantage going into a market that is not hiring much and competing with experienced people also looking for work.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Congratulations. So cool that you were working with a company that was willing to pick you up full time. Your degree must relate very closely to your work.

Bill

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Congrats nbp. You deserve to be proud. It's not easy jumping through hoops for four years. But, it got you that job.

Geoff

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks guys for all the words of encouragement :)

The ceremony was very nice today (except I had to use the restroom really badly and had to hold it for all the names, arrggh). I graduated with Honors with a B.S. in biological sciences and a minor in psychology. It's gonna be really weird not going back in fall.

I have been working part time in a lab for a small chemical blending and packaging company for four years, and they are offering me full time work now. The pay could be better, but it's steady work and health insurance so I'm not going to complain. I have another one or two companies that do similar work that expressed interest in me, so I may see what they have to offer too.

My degree gets me looked at but I think it's my four years in Quality Assurance at an FDA regulated company that really make me useful. Working there through school was the best thing I could've done. It adds a lot more to my resume than a bartending job or grass cutting (no offense to tenders and cutters).

So yeah, I'm excited and nervous and all sorts of things as I start the next phase of life. Hoping to save some money and spend a little time with things I haven't had time to do with school. Should be good. And I want to try my hand at some modding. Can't stop learning!

Oh and I had a BitZ and an Arc AAA in my pockets today under my gown. Flashaholic above all else, hahaha. ;)

Newly Enlightened
My degree gets me looked at but I think it's my four years in Quality Assurance at an FDA regulated company that really make me useful. Working there through school was the best thing I could've done. It adds a lot more to my resume than a bartending job or grass cutting (no offense to tenders and cutters).

It's always best to get experience while in school. I just finished grad school and I'm finishing up a contract to take my research to the next level. Once that's done, I'll need to get a permanent job. If it wasn't for the fact that I've got a couple years of experience in my field throughout my academic career, I'd have practically no chance at all now. Instead I feel pretty confident applying for both entry level and higher level jobs and hopefully getting something soon.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats!
Quite an accomplishment and you'll be onto new challenges. :)

I agree about the poster who commented you wish you were back in college. The realization now and seeing myself then...;) Either way, I look on my college days of learning and having fun at that stage in life. We won't bug you about getting married and having kids...LOL. :D For now...you can develop that list of lights to buy.

If you have the opportunity and funds, travel. That didn't come for me till later years but some of my buddy's took bare minimum trips through Europe and Asia, the adventure was a blast. Can do stateside but being in foreign lands is quite exciting. When one ages, being conservative begins to set in so spontaneous moments don't happen as often.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Congratulations:twothumbs!

Even more impressive that your major & minor were in the sciences.
Lot of not so easy classes you went through.

Get yourself something shiny in ti & it'll be around for a long time.

Best wishes with the new sheepskin.

rodfran

Enlightened
Congratulations! A college degree AND a job is a great accomplishment. Good luck to you and your future interests.

Glasstream15

Newly Enlightened
Now, what light to have under my gown??? :p

Streamlight TLR2 on a Glock 19. Oops it's school property. Oh well.

I see you have done QA work. I spent 30 years as a Quality Engineer at AlliedSignal Aerospace. Quality is a good field, but doesn't pay as much as other discplines. And DO NOT get caught up in all the 6 Sigma garbage. It slammed Sony in the '90s, it is probably, my opinion, responsible for a lot of Toyota's problems and the Northrup/Grumman plant here, so proud of their "6 Sigma" accomplishment and immediately crashed an E2 off the Ike. quality problems with the 8 blade "Scimitar" props.

If you like working in quality as much as I did, and enjoy improving products, processes and safety, it's a great field.