Gaming

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone here plays Command&Conquer Red Alert 2 (yuri revenge is good too?)
Well, i know Roth and some one else play RA. If you do, please post your user name and the time you play. Or even better, get on CHAT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Oh, yea. I know the game is old, but i like it. General's makes my computer slows down and freeze all the time, so that one is out.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well, as you know, i don't really play.

today was the first time i've "gamed" at all for several months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i go by nakedrot when i'm on... (every other name was taken...)

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I initially was very upset and disappointed with Generals. Things ran slow and it was impossible to play a game. I have a AMD 1GHz and a AGP 2X Nvidia Geforce 2 video card.

I upgraded my video card to a Nivdia Geforce 4 with 128MB ram and now the game runs as smooth as silk.

The game play is very evenly balanced and requires more skill and tactics than RA2 and Yuri if you can believe that.

I go by trashbin1 when I'm on. I wanted to register Trashbinladen but they didn't accept names that long.

Wayne

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol wayne.
Ah ya, the Generals is actually balanced a lot. And they actually fuel the aircrafts a lot faster than RA2, which is what i like the most from it. Aside from that, i prefer RA2, simply because it requires less CPU and memory, VGA too. welp, just get on chat and we can schedule our play time together.

(sorry sab, we use your chat room as a meeting place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well, back when i used to play c&c alot (regular, tiberian sun, red alert, ra2), i would hack the ini files and edit the characters and game settings. you know...selling buildings gives you a 500% refund, moterbikes had a speed of 99, i created a supercharacter called "jimbo" who could take out an entire base in less than a minute...

not all of the things i did was "cheating" though, i adjusted the adjacency limit, so the buildings could be placed wherever (not just within 10cells of the next building for example), this was really nice when building walls...

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol roth. that is why you sux ;P (just kidding, of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )
but, cheating is not allowed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you're cut off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

(and your heatsinks are all getting buttholes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )