Just had my 2nd ever *REAL EMERGENCY* flashlight use

Face

Enlightened
Well....

So I was out tonight at a local gig (ex-X Factor starlet Diana Vickers - just in case you care) surrounded by a whole load of 14-18 year old girls.

Suddenly - during the support act - I feel a lump against the back of my legs. I turn around, looking to see what is going on. A few young girls are looking at the floor, but being really dark I cannot make out what is going on. The on-lookers seem to be very concerned, so I pull out my (freshly-charged - yay!!!!) P3D Q5 and flood the floor with 200+ lumens of Cree-goodness. A young girl had collapsed right behind my wife and I. She was well gone - completely sparko. I was able to give enough light for security to "pick" her up and remove her to safer quarters. In hindsight, due to everyone's dark-adapted vision, perhaps a slightly lower level would have sufficed :D

Anyways - that was my 2nd ever time where having a flashlight on me REALLY did make a difference.

All the best,

Face

PS Just in case you wanted to know - my 1st ever real flashlight emergency was when I led a Special Forces team in '89 during Operation Nifty Package in to Panama to grab Manuel Noriega when a fellow operator's MP5 jammed mid-mag as we were covering 400 yards of open-fire clear ground :D *

* (C)'ish 2009 Sue Sylvester - William McKinley High School

jcw122

Enlightened
PS Just in case you wanted to know - my 1st ever real flashlight emergency was when I led a Special Forces team in '89 during Operation Nifty Package in to Panama to grab Manuel Noriega when a fellow operator's MP5 jammed mid-mag as we were covering 400 yards of open-fire clear ground :D *

* (C)'ish 2009 Sue Sylvester - William McKinley High School

Dunno what the * part means, but I saw a show about that on Military Channel!

rlorion

Newly Enlightened
people think I am strange because I always have a flashlight with me at all times(Fenix PD30). You just never know when you will need Illumination.