Jetbeam RRT0 on sale! Q3 or R2?

Southpaw1969

Newly Enlightened
I got an email that a seller I previously ordered from has all their Jetbeam flashlights and accessories on sale. I'm not sure if it's allowed, so I won't mention their name or website til a mod says it's cool, but I had a few questions before I pulled the trigger on a new jetbeam!

They offer a Q3 and an R2 version for $98, plus $12 for the AA extender, but for a week it will be 15% off, making the total before shipping $93.50. Their shipping is pretty reasonable, but I don't know exactly how much for this item.

They don't specify which reflector, and I'm pretty sure there is a choice between smooth and orange peel. I will contact them to see if there is a choice before I order. But, I want to ask the pros and cons of each reflector for various uses, and also the difference between the Q3 and R2 emitters in terms of tint, brightness, etc.

Since you guys are the experts, I wanted to get the lowdown before I run out and buy one willy nilly!

I've read a few great reviews here about the RRT0, but am looking for a comparison between the different emitters and reflectors. Also, is it possible to change out reflectors? Maybe have both and swap them for particular tasks?

Thanks folks! And let me know if that is indeed a good price, and if it's cool to post a link.

Dan FO

Enlightened
It's free shipping in the US on orders more than $49.00. ;)

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own the R2 version which I like, but the tint is on the blue side. If you like the warmer color with a clean beam, then get the Q3 with a OP reflector. The smooth reflector will have rings, but has more throw.