SF SC1 Lanyard Instructions?

tinyE

Newly Enlightened
I've finally gathered enough courage to post my internal inquiry publicly.....perhaps I should have titled this post - 'Please make fun of me' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

I have several SC1s, and consider myself as having at least average intelligence; however, I can't seem to come with the intended use of the locks on the lanyard.

There are two of them that can slide up and down the cord. I get that they would be used to attach to something, but can't figure how why there is two or how they would be positioned for the best benefit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm sure that I'm overlooking a small yet crucial detail that would make this clear. Anyone have it?

C'mon....I can take it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is just a standard wrist lanyard, although It is hard to see why you would use a wrist lanyard on a spares carrier. If so, the locks could be used to snug the lanyard up around your wrist so it cannot slip off over your hand. Just guessing.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
tinyE, I think your questions are very valid. The purpose of the lanyard for the SC's isn't exactly clear but they can be of benefit. First off, I believe that SF just includes the standard light lanyard to save themselves some hassle in having to design/package something more specific to the SC's. I personally change out all the SC lanyards to a flat cording for weight and space purposes (you can pull the guts out of the paracord after snipping the ends, then burn closed with a match or lighter too), I also put away the split ring and snap hook as they aren't really neccessary to use the lanyard, If you remove the plastic tab on the lanyard if there is one ( the thing like a zipper pull, some have them some don't) and burn closed the ends, now loop hitch the lanyard to one of the molded in loop holes and even out the cord, then pass the free ends around the back and through the other loop hole. Now put on at least one of the cord locks and knot the ends of the lanyard together. If you slide the cord lock up to the case, the lanyard looped around the back of the case becomes like a belt loop that you can attach to pack straps a belt or whatever and the cord lock allows you to adjust the size of the loop and still loosen up the case to hold it upright when you need access to the contents, the loose end is still a lanyard that you can use to hang up the SC or whatever.

I think in the event that you had to change out the batteries or a lamp assembly in the dark or in odd conditions, having it attached to you, or your gear, could prove beneficial to prevent dropping it or losing track of it, although if you dropped it while it was open, uh oh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

I hope this helps you out!

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BigMac

Enlightened
I think maybe the purpose of having two of the sliders is to that if you wanted you could keep the sc closer to your wrist (or whatever else), instead of having to have it at the end of the lanyard. Maybe it is just in case one breaks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Just my 2 cents.