ROP AA adapter question

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
Hey there guys, Sorry for having to do this, because im sure you get enough questions about the rop. buuuuuuut! I need some assistance. I have a 2D mag, metal reflector, glass lens, and shortened/gold spring, all i need now is the battery adapter. I want to know if the ones at the "Sandwich shoppe" would work. I was looking at http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.c...d=590&osCsid=87b2b69487ac0324bf293d353e8721f6 but im afraid that they wouldn't be able to withstand the current that'll be goiung through them. ALSO, is it okay if i use the 8AA adapter as opposed to the 6AA?

Thanks guys, you're da BOMB!

-Alex

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both the 2D to 6AA and the 2D to 8AA have been out of stock at the Shoppe for some time.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
if your mags serial starts with d, that adapter, just like almost any other 8aa to 2d, wont fit without borring out the tube. it costs about 50-60 to quadbore 2d mag, jesus hernandez does great job with boring out mags, i had my 4d done by him.
6aa will fit fine. without boring out.
there are few sellers here that sell 6aa to 2d, fivemega, mdocod, are 2 of them. their adapters work with stock spring. their adapters\holders cost more than Shoppe, but they are build better. they worth it.

Last edited:

mrartillery

Enlightened
their adapters\holders cost more than Shoppe, but they are build better. they worth it.

+1, I had one of the Shoppes style holders several years back in a Mag85, didn't care for it so I sold it for a FM, best switch I ever made. Great quality.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got the 6AA/2D adapter from the "shoppe" in my ROP now. It works pretty good for me but I am considering switching to an ROP-LE with 2-18650's or 26650's.

Latest posts