Pearstone NiMH battery/charger?

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
Tried using the search function even for the company and found it wasn't mentioned anywhere on cpf. I was looking for potential locations to sell spare cells for a DMC-LX3 camera and came across Pearstone as a brand. I picked up their travel charger (instead of a battery >_>) on B&H for the camera, but also ran into their NiMH charger/cell combo (item ID PEAANM4H).

The cells look like your usual over-inflated values (2900mAh), but the charger's the interesting one. It claims it can charge 1-4 cells at a time, and for safety:
B&H product description said:
Safety Protection

• Delta voltage detection • Temperature sensor • Safety timer • Alkaline battery detection • Reverse polarity protection • Short circuit protection
It also has a time to charge for 2100mAh sized AA cells (260min), and 800mAh AAA cells (200min). It also physically looks suspiciously like the independent channel Eneloop chargers... 4 channels, boxy look, integrated plug in the upper corner, and two charge indicator lights.

The website for Pearstone indicates that its only distributor is B&H, so its starting to sound like an in-house brand. Has anyone ever used this charger before?

On another note, a recent purchase as noted by this thread on dpreview (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1002&message=35320571&changemode=1) says that they were also just sent an MQN05 with their eneloop purchases. A new source for the charger?

To the mods, if this is like an advertisement I assure you it isn't, but if the post requires modification to fit guidelines please tell me!

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
two indicator lights screams 4-bay 2-channel, not independant channel.

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
The ability to charge 1-4 cells also screams independent channel. one LED is for charged, the other is for charging.