Malkoff Md2 question

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Momentary with the Kroll clicky is not a stable electrical connection mode. There is a more of a solid electrical connection when the switch is clicked through. You can take a Kroll apart easily, as it is modular. I suppose you could disable the lock on mode. Try it out.

Bill

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I have seen of the internal mechanism, the answer is no. If you disable the part that does the click/lock you would not have working contacts. At best it would probably be far less reliable then it is now.

On the other hand I have had no problems at all with momentary operation of the stock MD2/3/4 stock tailcaps running M60's MC-E's and Wildcat heads.

If you want a true momentary get the MD3 which can take any surefire and clone tail caps including the momentary ones.

Talldog77656

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies, can anyone tell me how to remove the clicky? Does it just pop out if you pull hard enough or is there some trick to it?

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies, can anyone tell me how to remove the clicky? Does it just pop out if you pull hard enough or is there some trick to it?
It just unscrews - you have to grip the rubber clicky cover with two fingers and turn the inner square plastic section anti-clockwise to remove the clicky switch - it isn't easy, you have to grip hard but it will work.

James....:thumbsup:

Talldog77656

Newly Enlightened
It just unscrews - you have to grip the rubber clicky cover with two fingers and turn the inner square plastic section anti-clockwise to remove the clicky switch - it isn't easy, you have to grip hard but it will work.

James....:thumbsup:

Thanks James, I'll give it a try.