Recommendations for groomsmen gifts

Lucky Strike

Newly Enlightened
My brother is getting married and asked for advice on what to get for groomsmen gifts (which is kinda funny since I'm a groomsman)....I was thinking maybe pocket sized LED flashlights would be a good gift.

Just looking for some recommendations that are in like the $30 range. I'd imagine that lights that run on common batteries (AAA or AA) would probably be best

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The most impressive light I have seen are the Preon II. They run off 2 AAA primaries or NiMH's and with the later you get 200ish OTF lumens. I think you get the single AAA tube also and with li-on they hit the 300 OTF.

These are small, light, and impressive due to its size to output ration.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say either the itp A1,2,3 or the quark Mini AA or Cr123. Keychain lights make good gifts. The quark minis actually come in nice gift boxes too.

soli

Newly Enlightened
I'll second the Preon's although I'd suggest Preon1 as if the recipients are not flashaholics the smaller size might be more conducive to carry. As mentioned they come in a nice presentation case. With CPF discount they'd come in at $34 each.

sithjedi333

Enlightened
I would recommend engraving them to commemorate the occasion. I had this done for 5 McLuxIII PDs for my groomsmen, many moons ago.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'll suggest the Maratac AAA or for less money the Fenix E01. If you want to go more than $30 then the QMini AA would please.

Geoff

Speedball

Newly Enlightened
Maratac AA or AAA

They have great quality and tremendous output running on simple batteries.

Good luck!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
This makes a nice gift,the Thrunite Tikey in Titanium,comes in a nice gift box and can be had at a bargain price at the moment.

Tikey.jpg

Randall

Newly Enlightened
My brother is getting married and asked for advice on what to get for groomsmen gifts (which is kinda funny since I'm a groomsman)....I was thinking maybe pocket sized LED flashlights would be a good gift.

Just looking for some recommendations that are in like the $30 range. I'd imagine that lights that run on common batteries (AAA or AA) would probably be best

Black 8 LED Bright Light Torch Flashlight Lamp is a ideal groomsmen gifts. This is a useful tool and its enjoy good market reputation as its bottom price, less than $30. Own one make your daily life more convenient:
1.8 LEDs

2.1 x AA battery
3. 0.90" x 3.58" x 0.82" (L x W x H), very suitable for carry.:party:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say head on over to Shiningbeam and check out the range of AA and AAA lights there, the selection is wide and the prices and service are top notch. Don't forget to use "CPFuser" discount code when checking out.

MKLight

Enlightened
This makes a nice gift,the Thrunite Tikey in Titanium,comes in a nice gift box and can be had at a bargain price at the moment.

Tikey.jpg

The Preon's, Maratac's, and ITP's are all good suggestions, but for non-flashoholics, McNair's suggestion is great. GoingGear and Lighthound have them both on sale, plus there CPF Discounts from the MarketPlace. Both places have them for about $20 + shipping (and if you're buying for groomsman, you're buying more than a couple, so you'll end up getting free shipping). Lastly, and most importantly, these are nice looking presentation lights that are very bright for 5mm Nichia GS's. They feel hefty in your hands...and they come with a set of batteries installed and an additional set. There's a serial number, as well. Very nice, reasonably prices, groomsman gifts that will definitely get used - not just thrown into a drawer.

Good luck!
MK

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I've been the best man In three weddings and the best gift out of them was a leatherman multi tool... It rode around on my motorcycle until I sold it and now it's always in my truck. I'm getting married in July and I am gonna get each of the groomsmen as well as both of the fathers three key chains... A Swiss tech utili-key, uncle bills tick tweezers and an Itp A3 eos upgrade... These are three items that are always on my keychain so I know how useful they are I carry a LOD but the Itp should make a good sub that way I can stay at $30 a person

Last edited:
Maratac AA or AAA

They have great quality and tremendous output running on simple batteries.

Good luck!

I second Speedball's recommendation for the Maratac, especially the AA version for non-flashaholics. AA's are everywhere; the light works well using alkaline or lithium primaries (which are about all you could expect a "normal" person to feed it); the bead-blasted aluminum finish version is rather elegant; the price point is within your budget; the light has three simple modes (low-medium-high), activated with a twist switch; and the light can be used with a protected 14500 li-ion rechargeable cell (if ever one of your groomsmen is infected with our obscession).

Regardless of which gift you choose; congratulations on your wedding...you're in for a grand adventure.

And let us know what you decide.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Preon's, Maratac's, and ITP's are all good suggestions, but for non-flashoholics, McNair's suggestion is great. GoingGear and Lighthound have them both on sale, plus there CPF Discounts from the MarketPlace. Both places have them for about $20 + shipping (and if you're buying for groomsman, you're buying more than a couple, so you'll end up getting free shipping). Lastly, and most importantly, these are nice looking presentation lights that are very bright for 5mm Nichia GS's. They feel hefty in your hands...and they come with a set of batteries installed and an additional set. There's a serial number, as well. Very nice, reasonably prices, groomsman gifts that will definitely get used - not just thrown into a drawer.

Good luck!
MK

Even better deal I got mine for £8.95 plus postage instead of £29.95 after a heads up from other members,my son gets married in July and he has bought 2 for his unusual choice of 2 best men.He is made up with the quality.

mbw_151

Enlightened
The Leatherman Serac S2 light is just a touch over $30. Simple to use, just high and low with a clicky switch. Nicely finished in black with SS bezel, clip and key chain attachment.

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
+1 for the ITP A2 or A3. I would go for the Stainless Steel version. When it comes to gifts, shiny is better.:grin2:

jblackwood

Enlightened
Booze

:thumbsup:
Not sure if the Sarge is being serious, but I'll second it if he is. Most non-flashaholics will just throw any flashlight they get into a drawer and forget it's there until they actually need it. By then, of course, the alkaline they've left in it has leaked and they blame the flashlight! :shakehead