Surefire K1BR E-series Mod

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't think of a better name..:tinfoil:...as it's a combination of parts.. K1BR ..:laughing:

KL1 head + E1B driver + McR20s reflector + XP-G R5 emitter

This one has been on my mind for several months now...I had all the parts except the head until I found the KL1 in the marketplace.
The KL1's have always been one of my favorite E-series heads as far as looks go.:D
I really like the beam the XP-G makes when used with the McR20s reflector, so having all the parts it was finally time to build it to my liking.
An E1B driver replaced the stock KL1 driver to up the output and give it 2 levels.
The "blank" HAIII E1e body with E1B clip and Z52 with McClicky installed finishes it off.:devil:

This one seems like a nice choice as a helmet light for bike riding and replacing the McR20s with the original TIR optic tightens up the beam to reduce spill into oncoming traffic.

Pics coming soon after the batteries charge
BEAMSHOTS later tonight..

009-43.jpg

003-66.jpg

012-20.jpg

Last edited:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really like what you did there Dafab. Do you have the ability to do a comparison beamshot? Stock E1B vs K1BR :grin2:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Likely from the same E1B as the driver.
Nice mod DaFab.

Hi Mark!! Hope you've been well...expect a PM from me.:grin2::wave:
Actually I called Surefire and asked for the clip.
As for the driver, I bought it in the custom B/S/T with an E2DL driver that was put in a KL4 with an XP-G....the stock KL4 reflector kicks *** with an XP-G!!:party:

Really like what you did there Dafab. Do you have the ability to do a comparison beamshot? Stock E1B vs K1BR :grin2:

Unfortunately, my only other E1B has a Cree UV in it so I can't.

Great work!:bow:

Thanks stepep!!:thumbsup:

How did you opened the E1b head?

I didn't have an E1B to open (see above) ...I use a small torch to heat the heads (KL1)and loosen up the loc-tite.

Now thats a sweent setup DaFab! :D

Thanks Toby!:wave:...expect a PM from me also!:thumbsup:

Nice neat package, DaFab. What kind of drive current / runtime do you get with the stock driver and an R123?

DMM is down so I can't help ya there....I thought the E1B takes Cr123's only...never used an RCR with it.
No runtime tests.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
"The stock KL4 reflector kicks *** with an XP- G!"

Sounds like a mod idea for my next visit!