If you could have every penny back you ever spent on flashlights

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
and could only buy 3 new ones,

what 3 would you get ? :)

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
Hahaha, I love it.

Luckily for me I haven't really made any big purchases on stock flashlights. Just UF 501b's, and mod'd Maglites.

Probably be $1000 and I'd keep my 3D P7 Mag, my 501b, and my 502b.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
aw man thats a tough one. I give up... I'll keep the ones with the best warranty+CS in the biz.

One hi power incan
One hi power LED
One with a little of both
:twothumbs

dscn2868h.jpg

mbw_151

Enlightened
If I got to start over knowing what I know now, I would have Surefire LX2s, Saint Minimus', and Ra EDCs. I do have a small quantity issue here as I need 8 LX2s, 5 Saints, and 2 Ra EDCs. There's the house, the office, the car, the truck, the boat, and EDC carry. I'm sure this would cost more than I've spent to date but it would be easier on my non-flashaholic family. They wouldn't have to figure out how to operate the accumulated Inovas, Quarks, Fenixs, Zebras, Surefires and HDSs. I'm sure I'd hear, "Why doesn't this flashlight work?" a whole lot less. Also, they would look the same so it would seem like there are fewer of them, less flak about the hobby.

Last edited:

It01Firefox

Newly Enlightened
I'd buy three that I already own:
SureFire M6, LX2 and C2.

The LX2 is perfect as is and for the other two there's more than enough options to customize them.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Similar to It01Firefox, three that I already own as well:
SureFire A2, M6, and Saint Minimus. If I could add one more, it would be my LX2. I think that those four would be about perfect.

-Robert

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
My key chain light - Millermodded Arc AAA.
My Goto EDC - EZAA.
My general purpose utility light - Plastic 4AA upgraded with a 1W PR2 bulb.
-
My bright light - Mag 3C SSC-P7.

After that I don't REALLY need any more lights.

KBobAries

Enlightened
1. Ra clicky.
2. LX2.
3. Some sort of Lego system allowing me to experiment with different battery and emitter configurations.

Dan

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think I'd definitely go for a Ti LF2XT and a Ra Clicky. Not sure which single AA would be the third.

Geoff

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd send back my LD20 ($58 after discount), Ti Quark AA ($90), and HDS EDC B42 XR ($135), and Princeton tec Aurora ($20 at a yard sale).

With a budget of $308, I'd buy myself a Ra Clicky 170narrow (executive programming, $179) and a Ra Twisty 100 High-CRI ($144). Technically, I'd be $15 over, btu if I also returned my Photon Micro-light, it would even out.

NE450No2

Enlightened
Surefire A2 Aviator, with white LED's.

Surefire G3 LED [It will "glow in the dark with 2 AA's if you cannot get 123 batteries].

Surefire M6.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Guessing about 8-9 hundred & still not totally sure what I'll wind up with.

But maybe a Jetbeam TC-R3 modded with a slightly higher high, slightly lower low & the strobe moved to the end of the UI. Custom reflector to smooth out the beam a bit ...

A Liteflux LF2XT (or update) in copper or aluminum bronze with a blue trit & aspheric optional lens (maybe mounted in a sperate head).

Something like the new D-mini teaked, with the new teleforce head + 18650 extender tube. Like it in HA natural or satin nickel over al on all parts. Would love to see another brass & nickel limited offered.

That would still leave a pretty good chunk of change.

It would go to a p60 host with UV, red LED, 2 white LED dropins with one heavily thow biased with a narrow profile beam, the other more general use as a camp & general go to.

Sorry, couldn't limit it it just three:grin2:.

carrot

Flashaholic
I'd buy back my:
McLux Ti PD... a classic.
Surefire Saint... a good headlamp is worth owning
Surefire C2... another classic, easily upgradeable and a real workhorse

There are really no lights I'd rather own than the ones I own currently.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
I too would buy back lights I already have. I'd buy back my Led Lenser P17. I'd have to toss a coin over either my Eagletac P20C2 or my Quark turbo with AA tube and 14500 and size would proably dicate the Quark even though the Eagletac is by a fair amount the better and nicer torch and to top it off, the Zebralight SC30.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
OMG! We are talking a lot of money here (but cheaper than one of my other previous hobbies, guns). Three very expensive lights, so must consider Ti (with gold).:devil:

Bill

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I have too many one-of-a-kinds so I couldn't just buy them back. I'd have to build them or have someone else do it.

I guess this game is too hard for me to play. :tinfoil:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being somewhat frugal with light purchases, I would again buy lights I already own.
  • Surefire 6P
  • MG L-Mini II
  • 2D Rebel Maglite.
If a 4th light was allowed, Solarforce L2P.