Fenix Pocket Clip on a SF E2DL

Seraphim

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I recently purchased a SureFire E2DL and want to clip it to my pocket bezel down. I emailed SF and asked if I could purchase a clip off the likes of an E1B because I was sure that the E1B clip would fit or at least could be modded to fit, but the SF rep simply told me that they do not make a clip for the E2DL to carry it bezel down and cannot help me ...

So I was looking at the clips on the Fenix PD20/30 and LD10/20 and was wondering if the PD or LD clips would fit on the E2DL tail cap e.g. either a perfect fit or able to be squeezed on. Does anyone know if either of these clips fit, or does anyone have an E2DL and a PD or LD clip that could check for me?

Thanks a lot.

Seraphim

Newly Enlightened
Anybody?

I am sure either the PD20/30 or LD10/20 clip will fit, I just want to know which one is the best fit before I go ordering a new Fenix. I would greatly appreciate it if someone who has a E2DL and either a PD20/30 and/or an LD10/20 could check to see if the Fenix clips will fit on the tail cap of the E2DL.

Thanks!

Dudamas

Newly Enlightened
I didn't like my clip on my E2D LED so I swapped it out with my LX2 lumamax. The color contrasts a bit but I really like bezel down carry. I was going to swap the clip off my E1B, but I gave the light to my kid.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to send Modoo a pm. He has bezel down clip options for any of the Surefire E series lights.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hi,

I recently purchased a SureFire E2DL and want to clip it to my pocket bezel down. I emailed SF and asked if I could purchase a clip off the likes of an E1B because I was sure that the E1B clip would fit or at least could be modded to fit, but the SF rep simply told me that they do not make a clip for the E2DL to carry it bezel down and cannot help me ...

Oh you've got to be kidding me!
Nice to see Surefire is hiring human robots with standard issue answers instead of actually listening to their customers.

Call them. Tell whoever you speak with that you're having issues with the clip on your E1B model. Mention you'd like to purchase a new one. They might offer to send you one for free. If you don't own an E1B already, do the right thing and insist on purchasing a new E1B clip rather than having one sent to you for free.

It's ridiculous that this approach should even be used. How hard is it to understand that you'd like to carry your E2DL bezel-down instead of up?

Actually, yeah; consider telling them you need a new LX2 clip instead. The E1B clip is really designed for a single cell light. The LX2 version might be best for your needs.

Last edited:

apdb90

Newly Enlightened
I've put the clip from my E1B on my E2DL. It works, but is a bit loose. It's also a bit short for the longer body. So yes, it will work, but not really well.

I'm not sure about the Fenix clips, but I put a clip from a JETBeam RRT-0 on mine and it works fine.

I'd still go with a LX2 clip. That's the best way to do it. You spent the money on Surefire quality, why do it half a#%ed.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh you've got to be kidding me!
Nice to see Surefire is hiring human robots with standard issue answers instead of actually listening to their customers.

Call them. Tell whoever you speak with that you're having issues with the clip on your E1B model. Mention you'd like to purchase a new one. They might offer to send you one for free. If you don't own an E1B already, do the right thing and insist on purchasing a new E1B clip rather than having one sent to you for free.

It's ridiculous that this approach should even be used. How hard is it to understand that you'd like to carry your E2DL bezel-down instead of up?

Actually, yeah; consider telling them you need a new LX2 clip instead. The E1B clip is really designed for a single cell light. The LX2 version might be best for your needs.

I got the same kind of reply when I needed a E1B clip. I just gave up after going in a big circle with the guy. Apparently even wanting to buy one is still a hard sell for them

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I got the same kind of reply when I needed a E1B clip. I just gave up after going in a big circle with the guy. Apparently even wanting to buy one is still a hard sell for them.

Sounds more like a lack of product knowledge. When I worked as a high-end pen salesman, I was given a crash course regarding the products the store sold. Nothing worse than having a customer come into the store, and both of you realizing that he's the more knowledgeable one about the products in there.

I still recall a visit to a knife shop in Manhattan a few years back. No one knew what a liner-lock was. The two sales associates even called over the oldest employee in the shop. He too had no clue what a liner-lock was. On my way out, I did notice a Buck model with a liner-lock in the display case. I just left. Not my job as a customer to train someone else's employees. And yes, I never went back to that shop.

Same thing here. Clearly someone at Surefire isn't doing a very good job of training the employees hired to field customer questions and requests.

Seraphim

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

Thanks to those who recommended the LX2 clip as I never considered that the E1B clip would be too short, and thanks Monocrom, I had given up hope of getting a bezel down clip from SF after that response, and I didnt want to go buying a new SF flashlight just for the clip. So I just responded to the SF rep that had emailed me and basicly said that the LX2 lumamax clip will fit and that I would like to purchase it as I want to carry my E2DL bezel down, and that the bezel up clip causes the head and lens to be exposed out of my pocket and that I am worried about hitting the lens on something and cracking/scratching it etc and this is preventing me from EDC'ing it.

In fact I have been using my E2DL head on my NEX body (see my other thread) , and this is simply for the fact that the NEX has a bezel down clip. But I feel like I have wasted my money and spent top dollar for just a SF head, and the body and tail cap have gone to waste. SF is a great brand well worth the money, and I would rather carry my entire SF flashlight, not 1/3 of it! :cool:

Lets see what response I get.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hopefully the response you get will be a positive one. Can't imagine a poor response considering the detailed explanation you gave the SF rep.