Surefire Pistol light P111 is 100% P60 compatible*********

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi folks,

I have a Surefire Glock Pistol light model # P111 with slimline switch. It has a reverse polarity issue that makes it only possible to use incandescent P60, P61, and I especially like the P91 with 2 IMR 16340's.

My goal was to make this light P60 LED compatible or find a P60 LED drop-in that would work. I asked Nailbender to make me a P60 drop-in that would work. He made this happen with an XP-G R5 direct driven and he said he took care of that reverse polarity issue too. The neck was small so he had to use a stock P60 LED from Surefire and mod it to LED.

"I finally was able to cut a surefire led module apart and rebuild with a R5 direct driven. I must not know how to run the weapon light though as I have not been able to make it work with the module you sent or any module. I have built this one though reverse polarity as asked and hopefully you will know the secret. I know the module is working properly as I hook up the neg to the center spring and the pos to the outer spring and it lights.
It is direct drive so and does fit the light properly" DAVE

I run it with IMR 16340 and dummy CR123 cell. I just discovered that this weaponlight is designed to fit any Pistol light too.. I actually do not need the adaptor, but its there for now.

Update: I just reverse the cells and I can use any P60 standard drop-in:crackup::crackup:

P5170023.jpg

P5170024.jpg

P5170025.jpg

P5170026.jpg

P5170027.jpg

P5170030.jpg

Last edited:

txgp17

Enlightened
Re: Surefire P111 P60 style converted to LED by Nailbeder***Pics***

That's nice. Now if $urefire would just upgrade their P60L emitters too.

dcycleman

Enlightened
Re: Surefire Pistol light P111 P60 style converted to LED by Nailbeder***Pics***

Hi folks,

I have a Surefire Glock Pistol light model # P111 with slimline switch. It has a reverse polarity issue that makes it only possible to use incandescent P60, P61, and I especially like the P91 with 2 IMR 16340's.

My goal was to make this light P60 LED compatible or find a P60 LED drop-in that would work. I asked Nailbender to make me a P60 drop-in that would work. He made this happen with an XP-G R5 direct driven and he said he took care of that reverse polarity issue too. The neck was small so he had to use a stock P60 LED from Surefire and mod it to LED.

"I finally was able to cut a surefire led module apart and rebuild with a R5 direct driven. I must not know how to run the weapon light though as I have not been able to make it work with the module you sent or any module. I have built this one though reverse polarity as asked and hopefully you will know the secret. I know the module is working properly as I hook up the neg to the center spring and the pos to the outer spring and it lights.
It is direct drive so and does fit the light properly" DAVE

I run it with IMR 16340 and dummy CR123 cell. I just discovered that this weaponlight is designed to fit any Pistol light too.. I actually do not need the adaptor, but its there for now.

P5170023.jpg

P5170024.jpg

P5170025.jpg

P5170026.jpg

P5170027.jpg

P5170030.jpg
I bet you've had that BM for quite a while

KRUPPSTAHL

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire Pistol light P111 P60 style converted to LED by Nailbeder***Pics***

who ever said it wouldnt be possible to convert
a SF weaponlight into LED ??

bigchelis does it..... that it very cool ! love it !
cant wait to try it personally....at night.

bstrickler

Enlightened

dirtech

Enlightened

I fit a 7135 driver in one of those. It was 17 mm. Requires a little dremeling but seals up nice with some thermal epoxy. Looks just like yours.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have the IMR9 500 lumen drop-in and the P91 for it too. Of course I have to use 2 IMR 16340 cells, but the runtime is short.

Nailbender mentioned you couldn't use a driver and only a direct drive with polarity reversed would work. I haven't tried anything regulated yet, but maybe I need to sacrifice a direct drive P7 drop-in:devil:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wanted to update folks about this weaponlight.

The only drop-ins that fit this light are the ones that are reverse polarity compatible like P60 incandescent lamps and the Custom Nailbender P60 drop-in he made for me.

Then it hit me:

I could just put the cells backwards and use a standard drop-in. Sure enought now its 100% P60 compatible with all drop-ins. In fact, it always was I just had to put the cells in reverse:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

I could just put the cells backwards and use a standard drop-in. Sure enought now its 100% P60 compatible with all drop-ins. In fact, it always was I just had to put the cells in reverse:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Hey thanks for sharing this is really cool news, I have never had the urge to buy the Glock light because of its size so I have always went with Insight and Surefire, but now I got to have one.

YeeDude

Newly Enlightened

Sorry for resurrecting such an old post but I just tried reversing the batteries in my P111 and it still would not work with my P60L module. What the heck?!?

Thanks. :)

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for resurrecting such an old post but I just tried reversing the batteries in my P111 and it still would not work with my P60L module. What the heck?!?

Thanks. :)

Try another LED drop-in. The center spring has to reach the postivie contact and the negative has to make contact too. Put a P60 spring in addition too, maybe your ground is not working.

bigC

Nathan

Enlightened

Picked up a used P111C and tried reversing the cells with a P60L. No go.

Then I attached a small magnet to each battery (negative side) and voila! It works!

I think the magnets came with some AW rechargeables I bought a while back.