Surefire M600C now 200 lumens?

shotdown

Newly Enlightened
I can't find an answer to this question and I'm hoping you guys can help. I bought a Surefire M600C a long time ago. I just recently jumped on Surefire's website and saw that they've increased the lumens to 200 (from 120). However, looking around some forums, everyone keeps mentioning that Surefire has underrated their lights for quite some time and are now posting actual lumens on their website.

So what I'm trying to figure out is if Surefire did actually increase the lumens on the M600C or not?

Newly Enlightened
Bump for ya. I'm interested what everyone thinks about this.

My opinion is that these are NOT going to be 60% brighter than their predecessor. If anything, Surefire is just starting to get more discerning about what bin emitters go into these 'upgraded' lights, in addition to not underrating them so badly.

Last edited:

N/Apower

Enlightened
I have an M300A and an M600C
The M600C is about 40-50 lumens brighter, to my eye. In fact, it is almost identical to my Nichia 219 made for me by Nailbender, driven at 1.7A. Nailbender claims 250 or so OTF lumens from this combination, and I believe his ratings are accurate.

My M600C has VERY SIMILAR spill and very similar hotspot, in size, but it will illuminate objects further away than my Nailbender.

If it's only 200otf lumens, they are VERY bright lumens. It performs like a 250 lumen light, to my eyes. My last M600C was the 120L version, and it metered 180 or so when GeForce put it in his IS. I sold it years ago and can't compare it, sadly.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
awhile back i bought a kx2c here and was told by a member that if the serial number started with c, then it was the 200 lumen version. (which thankfully mine started with c. what a great beam, nice throw and a pretty sweet neutral tint.

Last edited: