Jetbeam M1X V5...should I wait or purchase V4? Tk30 maybe?

ACRbling

Newly Enlightened
What's up fellas, first post :wave:

I saw a post where someone mentioned about a Jetbeam M1X V5. Does anyone know any specifics about this revision?

I'm also torn between the M1X and TK30. Great throw vs. great beam. *sigh*

I have a Quark 123*2 R5 Tactical and ET T20C2 Mkii. Which one the these two monsters would complement my collection better? Oh, its going to be a camping/exploring light.

thanks!

Last edited:

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:

I think V5 refers to the latest revision, that is build from M2S compatible parts (reflector, body tube, etc.). This revision is on the market for a couple of months already. You can recognize it by the white plastic ring and writings around the LED. It doesn't throw as good as the older revisions. Also the pill design is a bit misconceived in my opinion.

V4 was the last revision with proper throwy reflector. Just for the record, I own this latest M1X, and also owned the older throwy revision.

If you cannot find a good, old, throwy M1X, take the TK30. Fenix lights are really great and have much better circuits than Jetbeams.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Arcbling - just noticed you have the ET T20C2 mkII and the quark tactical ... how would you compare those lights?

I have the EagleTac but just lost it and was considering getting the quark for a replacement...

Are the tints the same color? Which one throws farther? (I was thinking of getting the turbo version which I hoped throws farther than the ET)

ACRbling

Newly Enlightened
Hey Ricky,

The t20c2 mkii is brighter than my 123/2. Tint is slightly bluer on it also Also the beam of the t20 is tighter where as the 123/2 has a wider spill. Probably has to do with the deep large reflector of the ET.

The quark turbo might be similar in throw, but I still think the T20 will out throw it because it's driven harder. 300otf vs 230otf.