Fenix TA or TK series?

FlameOn

Enlightened
I was looking at the TA with the dimmer switch. Is this a worthwhile add on or just gimmicky? The lights look overly aggressive otherwise....are there advantages of the TA over the TK? Vice versa?

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the TK10 and the TK11, but I never thought about buying any of the TA...

The TA30 is too large and heavy, I don't like the aggressive look, the TA20/21 are way to aggressive for me. I have other lights with a ring to change modes, that UI is really cool though and would be a reason to get a TA21, but not with that bezel and that ring design!

As for the TK, they are foolprof lights, perhaps they look boring and especially the TK11 isn't a beauty queen, but the lights have a more or less smooth design and are rugged as hell, you may use it as a hammer and it throws quite well (I have the R2 version). If I had none of them, I'd probably get the TK12 now... :thumbsup:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I like the revolving switch of my TA30, and would like to see more flashlights with that function. The bezel of TA30 is a bit too aggressive for my liking. The TA:s possibly are the most tough and reliable lights of all Fenixes with the recoil absorbing springs and the head isn't even possible to remove. The drawback of the revolving dimmer function is that the light is larger sized. TA is tailstandable, TK:s are not(neither my TK10 or TK30). Just some of my thoughts.

Last edited:

daf3m

Enlightened
In my opinion the simpler the better..This makes i.e TK11 more rugged than a TA20!:whistle:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a tk12 and a ta21. I also have had a TK30. The TK30 is the toughest feeling light (well maybe tied with my old SFM3 that I have owned. The TA20 and 30 feel tougher than the TA21...but the TA21 will take a 18650. The TA30 is one of my most favorite lights ever.