Pelican 9410 LED Lantern

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find! Looks like a nice light with some great functionality. Still using NiMh batteries though. Any ideas on price?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
276, Thanks, this is the light I have been looking for. I have always liked high quality...bright lanterns. This one reminds me of the Brightstar Lighthawk...but much MUCH brighter. I like the swivel head, and it looks like it was made to be Used, not coddled. Price is a little high...but should have a lifetime warrenty and Pelican is a good company. I will call Brightguy tomorrow and see if they are planning to get these in..and how soon they will be avail. Thanks again!

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been avoiding making the call to Brightguy for a week since I first spotted the Pelican this on their website. To be honest, the $345 that I had seen it online from all the dealers who carried it, made me question purchaseing it. I mean, its not like the market is bare when it comes to 700 lumen lights these days. But I Do like Pelican's lights and I do like lanterns...In particular small and bright ones.

These small bright ones were the light powerhouses when I was a kid...with 6 volt batteries and krypton bulbs. I bought many. Then as an adult, I picked up one of my favorite lights I have Ever owned... my beloved UK 4lb UK Lightcannon 500 lumen HID, which I even loved much more than the bigger though emensely brighter 35w acro I had.

When I noticed that Brightguy had the Pelican for $249, I knew if I called BG, the call would end with one being shipped to me...and of course, it did. Greg said (I had him compare its beam to the TK45) that the TK had a brighter spill, but the Pelican had a more focused spot, and its spill was wider than the Fenix. I also like the swivel head.

Oh well, we well see. I should get mine on fri...and I well post some pics by sunday night. I am looking forward to getting another light that I could have only dreamed about as a kid.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool
i have been thinking of getting one but i don't have the funds right now.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will try to give a decent report and let you know if it is worth the money. Your reviews of lights have definitely helped me spend wisely (or avoid spending) in some cases in the past...thanks. I really did not want to spend the $$$ either.. that is why I really resisted calling them. When I did, I kept telling myself, "I am only going to find out information about it."

Edit: Here is a link with some photos and a couple of beam shots and impressions: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3446088#post3446088

Last edited: