An interesting fact about DSpeck battery extenders

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
I was fooling around with my new 123 battery extender and I noticed that the tailcap from my Nuwai luxeon light will screw onto the battery extender (although not completely).

fb854b64.jpg

A 123 battery will not fit in it with the tailcap screwed in but a CR2 battery fits fine. Using an MN01 I picked up from McGizmo, I was able to put this together:

fb854b5d.jpg

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Re: An interesting fact about DSpeck battery exten

Typically a dog that has no real lines. Several different breeds mixed into one dog. A "Mutt".

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have to see if my Nuwai 3-6 LED plus Xenon 2 * 123 light tailcap fits also after my adapters arrive.

A CR2 is 7 mm shorter than a 123.
A 123 is 16 mm shorter than an AA.

Thus, if one uses a Doug Speck AA extender (custom drilled
out to A diameter as a few of us specified) A 123 with a 9 mm spacer should fit.

I have 2 @ of the Doug Speck AA/A extenders on route from Toronto. I wonder what a couple of spare endcaps would cost.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Looks like another winning combination... I might have to try it with a McLux head or a KL1/KL4 head...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
When you consider that the Nuwai can be modified to accept a Kroll switch it gets more interesting...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
Just tried another combination that works but isn't very pretty..

Nuwai tailcap + AA battery extender + 2 x CR2 + E2C adapter + P60 lamp + C series bezel

Side by side its just as bright as my E2E with MN03 but throws a bit further. Its about 1cm shorter than an E2E but quite a bit thicker. Its cool that it works but this combo is probably not that practical since the CR2 batteries cost quite a bit more than 123's and the capacity is pretty low. The beam will probably yellow fairly quickly.

I also tried the E2 bezel but couldn't screw it down far enough (about 7mm too long).