110 lumen E1Bs' already shipping to dealers....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just asked Surefire when the 110 lumen E1Bs' were going to ship to dealers and they said they already have (started on the 15th) but are still in 80 lumen packaging. Anyone have one yet? I won't get one until its in the 110 lumen packaging anyway, just wondering...

007Runner

Banned
I just asked Surefire when the 110 lumen E1Bs' were going to ship to dealers and they said they already have (started on the 15th) but are still in 80 lumen packaging. Anyone have one yet? I won't get one until its in the 110 lumen packaging anyway, just wondering...

That makes absolutely no sense to me? Improve the output to 110 lumen's and send out the new lights in the 80 lumen package. I wonder what year April 15th they meant to say they were being shipped? I would not purchase it till they put it in the 110 lumen package just like you said.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't be suprised in the least to find out the 110 lumen E1B is the same as the 80lumen E1B just with updated specs to be more in line with the actual output.
Surefire is known to under rate their lights.

bullettproof

Enlightened
My Silver E1B is 110 lumens without a doubt. It was as bright as a 4Sevens 189 OTF light.Some guys get to caught up in these minor lumen upgrades. Do you really think 30 lumens is gonna make that much difference? Surefire equates there lumen out put on an average of the spot and corona.They have some formula they do to give an average.After talking with the rep in person it made much since.:twothumbs

KAP

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't be suprised in the least to find out the 110 lumen E1B is the same as the 80lumen E1B just with updated specs to be more in line with the actual output.
Surefire is known to under rate their lights.
its the exact same thing that happened with the E2DLs. no improvement was actually made, it was simply a recalibrating of the current emitter.

FlameOn

Enlightened
I really like this light..I've also been looking at the Streamlight pt 1l since I want a single cr123....but it's a pretty big price difference...is the price difference justified? Spec wise they seem about even...

paulr

Flashaholic
I think Surefire tends to "slip-stream" upgrades, i.e. they put in better leds as they become available, with no change at all to the light's packaging or markings.

DanTSX

Newly Enlightened
China....I'd like to buy American if I can and will pay more for the privilege but the Surefire is over 3x the price......

http://www.brightguy.com/products/Streamlight_PT_1L_High_Performance_Lithium_Flashlight.php

Yes it is worth it. Once you buy SF, you understand. Don't get me wrong, there are other excellent products out there, but SF gets their rep for a reason.

Save a little longer, then go bargain-hunting. Check the for-sale classifieds on this site. You can get a LNIB E1B for about $100 about 2x per week. About once a month, someone lets one go for $80. I've seen many go for $90.

I've seen retailers move the E1B for as low as $100 also. If the "new" 110 lumen light is the same thing as the 80 lumen light, you may see some dealers start to move the 80 lumen packaged lights. Don't forget ebay also. Thats where I saved a bundle on my LX2.

007Runner

Banned
Yes it is worth it. Once you buy SF, you understand. Don't get me wrong, there are other excellent products out there, but SF gets their rep for a reason.

My first good light was a Surefire E1B. I thought $120 for a flashlight, what was I thinking? Before I even got it I had buyers remorse. I kept thinking how foolish I was to spend that much money. When I received it and admired the quality fit and finish I started to feel better. When I turned it on and saw that powerful focused beam hit a house about a 100 feet away I was amazed. Having a well made very reliable light you know will work in a emergency was well worth the price I paid.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire's lights amaze me at each one that I get! I got the "old" E1B a few weeks ago, those 80 Lumens are on steroids, just as the 120 Lumen out of my "old" E2DL!

The Tir optic gives a different beam of course, a huge and bright hotspot, which may perhaps let you think the light is brighter, but the beam is highly usable and powerfull. I really love my two lights and the E1B even more because of its smooth finish, everything's very round and the lights lays good in my hand.

I would surely have a look at 80-Lumen sales models, that's how I got my E2DL when the 200-Lumen model was out! :thumbsup:

Latest posts