SF G2 BK $41.00?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that's a rip off...Poor non-CPFers... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Ebay intakes an infinite amount of imcompetent, ignorant, and insidiously idiotic inhabitants. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I am not surprised. Ebay is a great way to make a lot of money off people!

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
Ok, I'll admit it... I just made an Ebay purchase...

An old style Surefire 6P, with a brand new P61 LA and 4 new CR123s, the guy is also sending me the old burned out P60 bulb so I can try to take the reflector off of it (no risk experiement so I can later try the E2+ mod on a new P61 bulb).

I haven't recieved it yet, but I know that the condition of the light is 'used,' as in it has a couple nicks and scratchs but nothing too bad.

I got it for $55 shipped. In my mind I break it down as roughly $25 for the new LA, $25 for the flashlight, and $5 for the batteries.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif Am I one of those "incompetent, ignorant, and insidiously idiotic inhabitants?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

interpol

Newly Enlightened
eBay's not all bad - you just have to know what you're shopping for and how much you should pay, MAX.

I just bought a brand new 5mW LeadLight continuous wave green laser pointer for $70 on eBay. Should arrive this Saturday. Not a bad deal.

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
A tad of alliteration, and a dash of hyperbole... but sadly it is actually fairly accurate.

I don't think I got a 'screaming deal,' but I think I did ok, and I was going to buy a new P61 LA anways.

I have been surfing Ebay's Surefire listings regularly for the last few weeks and I swear, almost everything is either very close to, actually at, or slightly over MSRP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Maybe some people haven't figured out that there is more in the world than their local brick and mortar stores and Ebay.

rookie

Enlightened
It takes awhile before you realize that this great deal you got was not that "GREAT" at all.

I got my Surefire L4 on eBay for $155 shipped. I searched the Web for more info, and guess what, I found the Candlepower forum. Then I learned how much Bulldog and Tactical Warehouse was selling their L4s. Yep, I'm one of those "incompetent, ignorant, and insidiously idiotic inhabitants."

Oh well, live and learn....

rookie

Enlightened
You got that right. At least I'll be more aware now...not that I won't make anymore mistakes though.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
I think there are some good deals available on eBay, and I don't think eBayer's are just a bunch of idiots, but it does surprise me how many times I've seen this type of thing happen.

You would think the buyer might do just a little research up front.