• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SPF MILKY CUSTOM L6 COMBAT SPF

FOR SALE is a fully customized L6 combat light.

4623776045_8aa84d774f_o.jpg

This light is the result of a project I undertook with Milky to produce what i thought would be the ideal combat light. I believed the L6 was the ideal format for a combat light except that it was too dim, underpowered, single level, and had the wrong switch. What was right about the light, I thought, was the wonderful deep head that promised -- but didnt deliver -- good throw, its smaller format than the M6, and the use of an LED, which is more robust than an incandescent.

Our first go around was to put a P7 in the light. It was two or three times as good as the stock light, but not as good as it could be. We then put in an MCE and got what I was looking for--extreme brightness and good throw.

The label reads "Cree MCEMWD quad core KL 4 cut Acorn 1.3 (Bailey firmware) Works with 2x Rechargeable or 3x Primary cells."

As an indication of the level at which the light is driven, the label also says "Output will strobe faintly if circuit heats to unsafe temperatures. Switch to low or medium to cool"

Advantages over stock L6:

1. Extreme Brightness
2. Much better throw
3. Four Levels of brightness (vs. one level only) via Acorn firmware
4. Better ergonomics by use of M4 body
5. Better energy levels by use of 2 x 18650's
6. Better ergonomics and reliability by use of SWO1 tailcap

All things considered, I dont know of a better combat light.

Light has one ding on the head where you can see metal. No idea how this happened as the light has not been in the field.

Cost to build this light $650. Sale: $525.00. SOLD PENDING RECEIPT OF FUNDS. AGREEMENT BY PM Shipping and paypal fees included. Paypal is wmlafferty [at] comcast [dt] net.

First I'll take it posted here gets the light.

4624382102_31e93c6b3d.jpg

4624382250_f6423ace4b.jpg

4624382184_f306bbfe58_o.jpg

Last edited: