Tiablo vs Dereelight Aspherics

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somebody tell me what is wrong with my new Deree Aspheric head....When the die image is focused to it's smallest size it is still 1.5-1.7 times the area of the Tiablo image area. (over 1.25 x 1.25)There is no way the Deree is a better thrower then the A9A. Deree does use a more powerful R2 drop-in driven to 1.2 amps. (320-330 lumens?) Tiablo uses a Q5 driven to 255 lumens. The tiablo still beats it. I've seen numbers that indicate the Dereelight is a better thrower. Just can't be. Best case is the A9A is 240 lumens, and lets assume a 1.4 times area disadvantage for the dereelight. That would require at least 330-340 lumens for the Deree to match it. Of course an upgrade to the A9 to an R2 would add at least 7-8% to it's output. The Tiablo is also a much cleaner image with much less rainbow around the edges. Anybody else out there ever actually try the two lights side-by-side?

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be interesting to see the two side by side at various distances. It's possible it's only here on CPF somewhere but I couldn't find it.

It sounds like the actual aspherical lens is just either different or "better" on the Tiablo. Or Deeree was just going for a larger spot at the expense of extreme throw.

Since everyone likes the A9 with aspherical head so much does anyone know why the A9 is no longer sold? The aspherical head is sold but there's nothing made by Tiablo to use it on.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to buy a used A9 for mine. I finished modding my A9 with a 1.4 Amp single cell driver, and R2 LED last night. I'm getting somewhere between 94,000 and 97,000 Lux by my calculations. Now it totally smokes the Dereelight.