Plastic Surefires

emann

Newly Enlightened
What's the chances of Surefire coming out with a plastic flashlight like the G2 but the size of the E2e or E1e? I personally would be interested. And why I'm on the subject of plastic Surefires can you put one of the aluminum LED bezel's on the plastic G2 or G2Z?

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was asked before when PK was frequenting these forums. The answer was that the nitrolon would be too thin if made in an E2e form. And as far as I know the G2 can fit all the 2 cell (non Elite series) bezels including the LED ones.

paulr

Flashaholic
The UKE 2L is a little thicker than the E2 but it's certainly way smaller/thinner than the G2. I don't see why SF couldn't make something the same size as the UKE, using an E2-like lamp/reflector to reach the E2's brightness.

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Nitrolon, while a great polymer, just doesn't have the density and tensile strength of aluminum. If made to the size of the E2e, it would be too thin, and easily bent or knocked out of shape. It would also have trouble retaining its integrity if used roughly. Aluminum has a high stiffness-to-weight ratio.

I believe you can put a KL on a G2 or G2Z, but it would be ugly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I'm sure you can ask Al for a photo.

FNG

Enlightened
I have the UKE 2L and the SF G2Z. Both are very tough and I would buy them without a question if either got lost or damaged. The 2L is made out of ABS and the G2Z is made out of Nitrolon lined with metal in the center. On the G2Z between the grip ring and bezel, its very thin and seems very tough. I think without the cooling fins or bezel size, the G2Z could be made smaller just like the E2e.