BIG test flashlights of different brands.

fonarik.com

Newly Enlightened
Dear friends.
After several years of thorough testing of flashlights we have gained a large collection of interesting results. Specifically for the SPF, we made an English version of the Test http://fonarik.com/test/indexen.php
We also invite you to compare the behaviour new Fenix TK11R5, TK12R5, LD20R4 with older models.

We hope this post will not be moderated as it is not a commercial resourcelovecpf and the tests performed were regardless of the brands and popularity of specifis models.

Thank you for understanding.

TK11 R5
K_Fenix_TK11_Cree_XP-G_R5_285lm.jpg

TK11R2

K_Fenix_TK11_Cree_R2_240lm.jpg

TK12R5
P_Fenix_TK12_Cree_XP-G_R5_280lm.jpg

TK12R2
P_Fenix_TK12_Cree_Q5_225lm.jpg

LD20R4

W_Fenix_LD20_Cree_XP-G_R4_205lm.jpg

LD20Q5

W_Fenix_LD20_Cree_Q5_180lm.jpg

Last edited:

fonarik.com

Newly Enlightened
We are very interested in your opinion about the test.
Tell us what you want to see and what better to change in the test?

watchcollector1968

Newly Enlightened
Really like the real world beam shots. To me personally they are more effective in showing performance than white wall shots. Keep 'em coming!!!

joe1512

Enlightened
He probably means that one is in focus, and one is blurry. Therefore the in-focus one is going to look better and it is harder to focus that out (sorry for the pun!) and concentrate on just the light itself.

That said, this looks like a great resource! I kinda wish you included lights from cheaper brands, such as itp, Romisen, and even 4Seven.

watchcollector1968

Newly Enlightened
Ah...I see it now...makes sense.

He probably means that one is in focus, and one is blurry. Therefore the in-focus one is going to look better and it is harder to focus that out (sorry for the pun!) and concentrate on just the light itself.

That said, this looks like a great resource! I kinda wish you included lights from cheaper brands, such as itp, Romisen, and even 4Seven.

fonarik.com

Newly Enlightened

Agree with you.
TK11 we photographed a year ago and we had problems with the lens.
Then we changed the lens.
We will try to remake all the lights that we have at the moment and will fix all mistakes that we made earlier.

Last edited:

daf3m

Enlightened
In what way?

Sorry for not being more specific.I was refering to those two pictures under the bridge(?).The R5 looks like you shoot the floor in front of you and not the far away wall.On the other hand,refering to the R2 ,it is hard to tell what looks to me wrong :confused:.Maybe it is just my eyes..:)

ranger07

Newly Enlightened
The test looks great. Real world beamshots, be it outdoor or indoor, are all I care about seeing. Very usefull tool for comparing beam profiles. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outdoor beam pics are great if you look at your outdoor pic of the TK11 R2 you can see the hotspot and then a dark ring and then then some spill. For me the best part about outdoor beam shots is to see if the cree rings we may see on a white wall actually show outdoors as well. Some light's dark cree rings show indoors as well as outdoors while others show a little dark rings indoors but not in real outdoor use.

fonarik.com

Newly Enlightened
I kinda wish you included lights from cheaper brands, such as itp, Romisen, and even 4Seven.

We are not able to get lights 4 Seven, and other brand, but try find it
We tried to get an agreement with the sellers and representatives of drends, but not often succeed.
For example, the representative Surefire refused to give us their lights for the test.
For us buy all Surefire just for test is very expensive.

Flashlights of poor quality, we don't want to test.
They can show a good light, but break down in a few days. So we had with one of the Aurora lights (LED dropped)

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the shots under the structure the hot spots are pointed in different locations. If you want to do this right you should have the camera on a tripod so the shot is always the same, and then make sure you point each flashlight in the exact same spot.

fonarik.com

Newly Enlightened
In the shots under the structure the hot spots are pointed in different locations. If you want to do this right you should have the camera on a tripod so the shot is always the same, and then make sure you point each flashlight in the exact same spot.

We try to do that, all comes with experience!

We did test this weekend. I knew that MagLite bad light, but not so MagLite mini AA, MagLite mini AAA , Pentagon_MS3R_X_SR , Aurora SH0030 Q5, Zenit_2DP_Klesc

MagLite_5D
P_MagLite_5D_83lm_fokus_1.jpg

Last edited:

fonarik.com

Newly Enlightened
Next week we want to make a big test of JetBEAM and hope to get Fenix HP10 after a long wait. It will be interesting to compare with previous tests of HP10. I wonder what changed in new HP10.
coming soon
waiting for comments and suggestions

MikePit

Banned
TK45 looks great.
Did you test how far TK45 can shine?

Last edited:

fonarik.com

Newly Enlightened
TK45 looks great.
Did you test how far TK45 can shine?

Distance we can compared perhaps with PD30. There is 3 diode R5 and head like in PD30 I think this is about 150-180m of good visibility.

perhaps I'm wrong, correct me. The distance of our basement in the test about 90m

fonarik.com

Newly Enlightened
We try to make our test more interesting.

Write please, test which brands and models you would like to see here?
Also interesting ideas how to make the test better.