What´s your favorite original Surefire LED flashlight ?

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
What´s your favorite original (non modded) Surefire LED light ? And why ??

It has to be a model that you actually own!

I just bought a E1L Outdoorsman and I gotta say I loved the small size, the perfect anodization, the knurling, the tint, the output...

Right now, my E1L Outdoorsman is my favorite original Surefire flashlight.

I already have a E1B and a L1. I love 1xCR123 lights and my new E1L looks perfect. And it´s more powerful than I expected. Surefire was very conservative with the "45 lumens" spec. It looks as bright as my Quark AA in turbo mode!

Runtime is also great for it´s power and size.
Even the tint is perfect: cool white, with no sign of green or purple.

Congrats to Surefire for this awesome light! :twothumbs

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
I'd have to second the E1L.

Settings are spot on, runtime is great, the optic gives it such a useful beam. I've even come around to loving the bezel up pocket clip!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's really hard to decide. I would say my current favorite to be the LX2. Just loved the UI and the power that comes from it. The next best thing that I have would be the E1B and since you own it I don't think there is much to be said. I am very much looking forward to the LX1 since I am a big fan of the UI.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
E1L for me too, for the very same reasons the OP gives. I love it!

oldways

Enlightened
Mine would be a U2 Lux V . Love the UI and six levels. Mine has a great beam, warm and no doughnut. It has served me well for over five years.

A very close second is my LX2.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
dscn6165v.jpg

Why?
-90 Lumens of flat regulated, high-CRI light output
-2xRCR123 compatibility
-Beam-shape changes from spot to flood with mode switching
-Red color on low for snooping around at night
-TypeIII olive gray
-Twist + forward momentary reliability + LOTC security

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have two, and they are both great IMO
T1A & E1B.
I find the T1A much more comfortable to EDC, but the E1B is great at the cabin for outdoor use.

carrot

Flashaholic
The original E2L KX2 single stage. I have three of them.

They are perfect because of 9+ hours of constant regulated output plus a significant moonlight after that. They are also justabout enough lumens for most tasks and the big throwy TIR beam is exceedingly useful.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
Out of my older SF lights, the L6 is my favorite. I am reasonably certain that an M3LT will eventually replace that light as my favorite of all time. (Mostly because of the form factor - which I find very comfortable to use.) Sadly I have much smaller lights that are brighter than the L6 and run longer.

My current favorite is the LX2 - which is just perfect.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1L, finally purchased after a couple of year of agonizing over paying > $100 for a flashlight.

It was worth it.

Currently it is my only LED SureFire.

I REALLY REALLY want an A2 Incan w/yellow-green or red LEDs, though.

TheTest

Newly Enlightened
My old luxV L5 is probably my favourite, smooth throwy beam and built like a tank, it has lovely tint as well. Haven't had the heart to jam an mc-e or something in it (yet ;)), even though my 3 year old fenix p2d has more output :eek:. It's a keeper.

chriscoobs

Newly Enlightened
L4. I have had mine for about 7 years. The led tint is a little green for 2010 standards, but i love that thing.

houstonnightlight

Newly Enlightened
My favorite is an L1 - it's been used more than anything else I've got. My first SF was a Z2 I bought at a local shooting range instead of taking a shotgunning lesson my wife bought me. The Z2 is a close second, and may move into first now that it has a Malkoff M61.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
All time favorites are the U2 and L4. Honorable mention to the A2, L1 (Cree), Titan, and LX2 - the latter being the current go-to Surefire.

Vernon

Enlightened
It's a toss up between the LX2 and the E2DL, but I lean towards the LX2 simply because of the bezel down clip. High output, long runtime, great looking light.