UK based searching for the right battery charger

trunks

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm new to this site, but could do with some advice :thinking:

I am looking for a general purpose battery charger that i can use at home (240V) and when i go camping, either connected to the car or solar charger (12v).

The charger needs to charge as many different sizes as possible, if it does 9v pp3 then even better.

I have had a look and the accumanager 20 seems to fit the bill, but cant seem to find a retailer in the UK, or one who will ship to the UK at a reasonable cost.

Thanks in advance for your help

James T

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is not exactly what you are looking for perhaps, but if you are prepared to think a little differently it is a good charger:

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-1-Hour-Rechargeable-Battery-Charger_928966/ (GP PowerBank 1 Hour Charger)

A one hour charge time is within the recommended range for optimum charging, and is convenient if you are in the car, say, and do not have hours to wait. I have tested this charger and found it to be work well (the supplied batteries are not good, sadly; get some Eneloops instead).

The charger has an external power adapter and has a 12 V 1.6 A input socket. A 12 V power cord is not supplied but the DC input is a standard connector and you should be able to find one separately.

For C and D sizes, you can sometimes use AA cells in an adapter shell. Most ordinary C and D size rechargeables are manufactured this way in any case.

For 9 V batteries, rechargeable NiMH is rarely very fulfilling. The batteries have very low capacity and tend to fail prematurely.

Last edited: