Fenix LD20 vs. Jetbeam Pro-1 EX V3.0 vs. Nitecore D20 R2

hairydogs

Newly Enlightened
Which one of the above 2AA flashlights got the most lumens in real life .... and most efficient regulating circuits ....

I understand the Nitecore D20 R2 is more floodlight like compare with the other two and .... the running times among the three are more or less the same

Any other decent choice in the market? Thanks in advance.

hazna

Enlightened
Quark AA2 is another option. Quite similar in interface to the fenix Ld20, except it includes a moonlight mode. There is also a Quark AA2 tactical, which has 2 customisable modes.

All 3 of the options have quite different operation interfaces. I guess it depends what you prefer. If you prefer IBS, and being able to choose your own brightness/modes, go with the jetbeam. I believe the Quark and fenix, will generally offer better runtimes at the same brightness level compared to the jetbeam.

Something with an XP-G emitter will tend to be more floody than a XR-E or XP-E

The fenix and the quark are 'lego-able'. You buy an extra AA body, and turn it into a Quark AA or Fenix LD10

Last edited:

hairydogs

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions.

However, I heard the jetbeam's ibs pms is not as efficient as the fenix current regulating system and also not as bright as the nitecore. I hope this only refer to the v2.0 circuits. Advertisements claim the v3.0 circuit is improved by 30percent. Coupled with the r2 emitter, the performance gap should have been closed.

Certainly, I shall look into the quark system.

Quark AA2 is another option. Quite similar in interface to the fenix Ld20, except it includes a moonlight mode. There is also a Quark AA2 tactical, which has 2 customisable modes.

All 3 of the options have quite different operation interfaces. I guess it depends what you prefer. If you prefer IBS, and being able to choose your own brightness/modes, go with the jetbeam. I believe the Quark and fenix, will generally offer better runtimes at the same brightness level compared to the jetbeam.

The fenix and the quark are 'lego-able'. You buy an extra AA body, and turn it into a Quark AA or Fenix LD10

hairydogs

Newly Enlightened
I have checked out the quark 2aa tactical. The specifications are r5 emitter and 206 lumens. Any comparison how this 205 lumens compared with other r2 flashlights.

hazna

Enlightened
The beam on the XPG-R5 will usually have a larger hotspot and be more floody than an R2. A R5 should be more efficient or offer more brightness than a R2, if driven at the same level.

The jetbeam ex v3.0 is meant to be 30% more efficient but I would still think a current regulated light would be better. If you compare the specifications between the jetbeam and quark:

http://www.jetbeam.com.cn/links/pro/jet1proexv3.aspx

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_306&products_id=1656

at ~20 lumens the jetbeam will give you around 10 hours. at 22 lumens the quark will run for 24 hours.

Note these are the specifications that the manufacturers are given... sometimes you do need to take these specifications with a grain of salt.