I had my surge at the beach....

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I took my kids for a walk on the beach at night and took my new PT Surge along and I had alot of comments on the light. Everybody that was walking on the beach had some cheap 2D lights and when I walked by people were amazed how bright it was from a small package. I was lighting up the whole beach. I also had my 6P but it didn't compare as far a brightness to the surge. I had fun.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

d'mo

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to taking mine camping in a week or two. I have not had the opportunity to use it much, but am looking forward to some real-world experience with this little beastie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shadows

Newly Enlightened
d'mo nice avatar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
really like my surge too, took it camping and woah! lit up the my whole campsite not to mention the neighbouring campers 2....

d'mo

Enlightened
Shadows, Thanks.

To avoid any unpleasantness due to "excessive Surge brightness" to my loved ones or fellow campers, I'll be taking along several Arc AAA, and an LS when less light is in order.

Sharp

Enlightened
Yeah...PT Surge is really a great light... I remember having it compared with a Surefire E2e. Terrible!The Surge was brighter! Except for the beam shape, which is pretty irregular if compared to the perfect oval/circular shape of the E2e's beam.