Need a High Current Forward Clicky(6+ amps)

Noctis

Enlightened
After having melted down 3 McClickies trying to run an SST-90 Direct Drive, I'm starting to want a more hardy setup that lasts me longer than 3 days.

Now lacking the technical knowledge and tools to do any serious modifying, I'd need one already made, that someone else can make for me(and doesn't have his schedule fully booked like milkyspit or Moddoo), or something that's ridiculously simple to modify.

Looking at my current McClicky, I feel as though the solution is just inches away. The main problem appears to be that the heat generated by the high current is trapped in the spring and other metal contacting it, thus warping the spring and melting the plastic components.

I've been toying with the idea of using my currently available Arctic Silver 5 thermal grease to try and create a thermal path between the spring and the Brass ring. However, while AS5 isn't electrically capacitive, that doesn't mean that electricity won't flow through it, and I don't want a parasitic drain on the battery by having the switch essentially be "on" all the time. Plus it's pretty messy to use in that manner.

I'm thinking about using one of the Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesives to create a thermal path from the bottom of the spring to the metal ring that makes contact with the Brass ring. The problem, I think, would be how well the heat will flow over nothing but the epoxy itself between the two metal pieces. I'm also thinking about using AS5 between the metal ring on the switch and the brass ring. With the AA epoxy between the spring and the metal ring, there shouldn't be current running through, and having AS5 between the two rings shouldn't have any effect on that.